Author: UYA

Corruption... China vs America   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-8 11:03:41 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-8 10:11
I hope that you are right, I often worry about the increasing Americaness of the Chinese youth, Mc ...

I think Chinese culture will never be lost.
Chinese are proud of their history (good and bad).
But they are open to new ideas and reason.
What I worry about is the corruption "The American way".

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor July's Best Writer 2012 June's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-2-8 11:06:52 |Display all floors
ColoradoDan Post time: 2013-2-8 08:21
I was born and I live in the U.S.  I have visited China many times.  I agree that corruption exists  ...

One would think that America is cleaner because of the "openness".
But it all goes wrong when the government lies and the people accept it.

In China the people don't accept everything that the government tells them.
In America....
People accept it blindly as true.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 12:16:49 |Display all floors
i thought jackie chan already stated the answer. anyway in the us, bribery or lobbying is legal. not sure about china though.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-8 16:24:50 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2013-2-8 11:03
But ...

As I said, ban McD and KFC, the worst kind of spiritual corruption.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 16:26:00 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2013-2-8 10:11
I hope that you are right, I often worry about the increasing Americaness of the Chinese youth, Mc ...

Look at the popularity of Hollywood movies and the influence of American television on Chinese youth, many who are trying to live like 'Friends.'  Their favorite destination for overseas education is USA.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 16:31:28 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2013-2-8 11:03
But ...

Much of Chinese culture has already been forgotten.  To see truly authentic Chinese culture and arts, one has to visit Nara and Kyoto in Japan where the best of Chinese culture has been preserved.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-8 16:31:46 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-2-8 10:36
I read somewhere a report about a discussion amongst the better Chinese educated youths the consen ...

Must disagree with the US not corrupting other countries, too many countries have adopted the worst American traits to the detriment of their own heritage. My pet hate is US spell checkers as is the one on CD that only accept the US spelling and not the UK spelling, the language, after all is called English, not American.
I agree with the fat that many Chinese despise the America is superior way of thinking, we see a lot of these Americans in Shanghai and this has turned many locals anti Laowai as they think we all think the same, I try to avoid the expat community and stay with the locals.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.