Author: UYA

Corruption... China vs America   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-8 07:36:24 |Display all floors
UYA Post time: 2013-2-7 18:02
yes it can......
China could become like America

God forbid, if China gets like America I am out of here!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 08:11:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 08:21:13 |Display all floors
I was born and I live in the U.S.  I have visited China many times.  I agree that corruption exists in both countries.  I define corruption as an individual who uses the influence given to him or her by his or her job for personal gain.

I read sometimes in newspapers or see in the news on TV, instances where U.S. politicians have used their government positions for personal gain.  I've seen instances of low-level officials, such as police officers and building inspectors (for example) soliciting or accepting bribes.

My experience is that I have never personally had to deal with corruption at home.  In my visits to China (And Vietnam) I have had to pay bribes to policemen and other low level municipal employees just to get them to do their job.

It's hard to say if one place is worse than the other.  I think however, that corruption by officials is much harder to hide here in the U.S.  Rules and regulations for the conduct of officials is open information; people have the right to receive public records from the government in order to investigate corruption; and lastly, the judicial system is open and transparent and ruled by law, which makes it very difficult to ignore corruption once it is exposed.  I think China needs more to apply rule of law and transparency in government operations so that the citizens can simply watch their officials more closely.

Cheers

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 08:21:57 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-8 10:11:16 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-2-8 08:11
it wont hapned..!

I hope that you are right, I often worry about the increasing Americaness of the Chinese youth, McD should be banned.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 10:23:50 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2013-2-8 04:19
Due the corrupt american establishment, many wars are as result your corrupt administration, that  ...

Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-8 10:36:58 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.