Author: dragon8

Are Mini-Reactors The Future Of Nuclear Power? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-6 12:23:36 |Display all floors
GryffindorBoy Post time: 2013-2-6 09:57
Thumbs up! Renewable Energy is and should be the future..

The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 12:50:37 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-6 10:01
First,
there is no such thing as us creating energy.

One has to weigh things up properly because all too often well meaning people are being deceived by unscrupulous claims and sales tactics.

How prudent is it for example to purchase a home wind generator if in its whole lifetime it will never produce the energy it took to manufacture, transport and install......

Let me hasten to add that this a hypothetical case, and perhaps home wind generators are very efficient and worth investing in.

You are claiming that Electricity generation is shifting from the big suppliers to home-owners and farmers. How that will play out in the future we do not know.... will the grid be maintained to the same standard if the demand diminishes?

If connection to a remote farm goes down due to bad weather, but the farm is not a net consumer of electricity, how keen will the electricity authority be at reconnecting?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 13:16:57 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-6 12:50
One has to weigh things up properly because all too often well meaning people are being deceived b ...

The trade of Electricity from suppliers and customers is already largely diversified from direct exclusive control of the classic big suppliers, although they still participate in the market.
Power grids less so, also large operators, with also some involvement of suppliers but as well not excusive, but they can follow the trend.
Especially given the mandatory redundancy of network infrastructures in place into the 90's which could further help real competition.
The Electric Enerygy Capacities is already traded between original suppliers and resellers, local suppliers, communal suppliers and so on on the energy exchange, which would of course increase, with that increase market transperency.

Wind Mills are rather the thing of farmers,
solar panels do work in some areas of germany, (e.g. at a former workplace of mine, or at current Neighbours)
did I mention next to a former place of mine, a Neighbourhood is running a decentral CHP together?
And they are not the only ones doing so.

As for the farmer's connection outage,
did I already mention muh Connection Redundancy?

I seriously hope to see the decentralised renewable electric network become reality,
and thus seeing oligopolies crumble.:)

I've got some concerns about smart grid necessery for that, regarding privacy.
But if somebody sues, well, constitutional court is quite fond usually of the Chaos Computer Club.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 13:19:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by greendragon at 2013-2-6 13:19
petera Post time: 2013-2-6 05:27
Deadly

The article walks around the aspects of waste storage and disposal,back up power and so on. ...

Inspector Petera

Small nuclear reactors concept are like batteries.
Life span - 30 years
Throw away after design life span

ha ha ha

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards
Field Marshall

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 13:23:06 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-6 10:01
First,
there is no such thing as us creating energy.

Agent Lcsulla

The Homesteaders.
The European Urban Village concept GREEN TECHNOLOGY is interesting!

cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards
Field Marshall

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 13:47:01 |Display all floors
greendragon Post time: 2013-2-6 13:19
Inspector Petera

Small nuclear reactors concept are like batteries.

Throw away ?

What about the highlt radioactive core ? Core cooling  ?
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 13:55:59 |Display all floors
LCSULLA Post time: 2013-2-6 13:16
The trade of Electricity from suppliers and customers is already largely diversified from direct e ...

Thanks for that clarification....

My understanding is that so far many subsidies exist to enable the concept to take roots. Will the system remain viable once the subsidies are removed?

Furthermore you did not address my main concern regarding the environmental cost of production relative to the savings. It has been said for example, that the average family car in its whole lifetime, will not consume the amount of energy it took to manufacture it. Governments however were keen to subsidize the purchase of new "environmentally friendly" cars, while scrapping perfectly serviceable vehicles. Where is the logic in that?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.