Author: dragon8

Are Mini-Reactors The Future Of Nuclear Power? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-6 07:56:11 |Display all floors
Put it this way

If US, Japan, Germany cannot get it done due to fear factor.

China will get it done and export to every country after that.

It will be done.

For the sake of the planet, it will be done.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 08:01:46 |Display all floors
As the industry matures, it will be no more dangerous than a match stick factory.

Already the Toshiba Bill Gates technology is said to be completely free from humans....Just bury the damn thing under the ground , and it slow burns for hundreds of years generating energy......no waster removal, no human interference , no weapons quality waste, no nothing., just nirvana.......energy and profits  and no pollution.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 08:27:21 |Display all floors
One more thing

The fuel for the thing will consist of nuclear waste from existing plants.

Neat, very neat.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:04:37 |Display all floors
Clean energy..........those who say these lies never lives near these death factory. These are nothing but clean, and when this dumb talk about low price, he just forget to mention the price of stockage for hundred years of radioactive wastes.

After fukushima, the nuclear industry lobby is full working to restore its market...

But htese dumbs are as liars as irresponsibles.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:13:02 |Display all floors
There was talk of floating nuclear reactors a year of two ago..... but it must have been an April fool's joke.

I do not find these proposals any safer..... has the world gone mad?

Imagine hundreds of scaled down Fukushimas, or Chernobils scattered around the globe.... the impact would be enormous.

Just because the reactors are small does not mean they are safer.

We cannot keep pumping energy into the environment ad infinitum...

The only prudent way of satisfying our energy needs is through renewables..... anything else threatens equilibrium.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 09:57:22 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-6 13:13
There was talk of floating nuclear reactors a year of two ago..... but it must have been an April fo ...

Thumbs up! Renewable Energy is and should be the future..
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. --JKR

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 10:01:48 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-6 09:13
There was talk of floating nuclear reactors a year of two ago..... but it must have been an April fo ...

First,
there is no such thing as us creating energy.

The amount of energy in the universe is constant.
We can merely do as much as changing it's form.
so much for the theory basics.

We already see now over 50% of germany's renewable energy supply already being in the hands of:
Private Households and Farmers!
This is the emerging trend now already showing in that case of this country,
as said, this is no good news for the established oligopolists in the supply side of the energy market.
Big Money is at stake for them, so they're clinging on to such straws to still keep up their modus operandi to some degree
amid the changing net structures.
But, this change of the market structure is the trend,
it's the way forward -
the Future.

A good one, indeed.

您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.