Author: sunnylin01

The Extravagant Waste of Chinese Banquets [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-6 21:44:40 |Display all floors
wastin or not i'm not even sure of but i kno for sure i dont pimp somethin like that ev'ryday on my dinin table  {:soso_e113:}{:soso_e135:}
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 21:54:49 |Display all floors
seems like government dining...food not very important but the afterwards KTV...THEN waist MUCH MORE money...
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-6 21:57:25 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2013-2-6 05:54
seems like government dining...food not very important but the afterwards KTV...THEN waist MUCH MORE ...

you got that RIGHT and ktv has gals sittin on my laps in a private chamber  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-7 02:27:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jiayangguizi8 at 2013-2-7 06:08

The food that is left is usually collected to be sent to farms to feed animals. They don't simply waste it like whites do during their regular food fights

food-fight1.jpg

austin-food-fight41.jpg

family_food_fight_5_by_sublimebudd-d4s44k7.jpg

propaganda.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Blogger of 2013

Post time 2013-2-7 08:58:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by huaren2323 at 2013-2-7 09:01

I hope this is just a phase. After so many years of austerity and deprivation, i see this happening in overseas Chinese in Philippines & Thailand in the 1960s. The same happened in Taiwan and Hong Kong Malaysia and Singapore in 1970s. Korean would also have ostentatious banquets in their Gaesing parties in the 1980s. In Japan my father was entertained in closed door Geisha parties and luxurious ryokan bath resorts. You should see the opulence of the Russian oligarchs when they entertain in London, or in the Caribbean even today..Hope it will come to pass. I believe it is an delayed expression or self validation that hunger, humiliation, and suffering is over.
The other element is the Chinese psyche itself. Everyone wanted to be treated the best like an emperor. So the best is served to give FACE. Habits and societal norms can change. Like in Hong Kong when rubbish was all over the place in the late 70s, now it is clean.  Likewise, many have refuse to take shark fins soup even in North America.

We can change this one at a time by starting with ourselves.

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2013-2-7 10:19:21 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-2-7 02:27
The food that is left is usually collected to be sent to farms to feed animals. They don't simply wa ...

What a startling comparison! Hope more people become aware of the fact that Africans are suffering from starvation when they are extravagantly wastng their food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-11 21:10:47 |Display all floors
good job Sunnylin...and think, all this was provided by your and your fellow-Chinese work and efforts...."food" for thought.
do to others as you would have them do to you

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.