Author: vincent01

Should Chinese learn etiquette from westerners?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-5 13:37:26 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-2-5 13:21
No, I was taught such things when I was young.

I never went to a cadet training school, I went d ...

Of course at most banquets the hosts are mindful not to include whole fruit for desert nowadays..... unless their young son is bringing his new girlfriend round to dinner....

But I was exaggerating the problems with the Americans.... their table manners have come a long way since the sixties....
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 13:43:07 |Display all floors
this is so idio.tic~
thinking they are so high class to dine like that...eating banana with fork and spoon...idio.ts will remain idio.ts...cannot be cured~
what is wrong with chopstick? what is wrong using hand to eat banana? what? your hand got germs while fork and spoon dont have?

Chinese in China are getting more and more degenerated~ seriously cant be helped~
embracing other people's culture while neglecting owns...China has no value~
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 13:51:17 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2013-2-5 13:43
this is so idio.tic~
thinking they are so high class to dine like that...eating banana with fork and ...

What's wrong with chopsticks? Have you ever eaten a real sized, no China sized, steak, or a real BBQ, or roast dinner etc with chopsticks.
Our food comes in larger portions than China traditionally serves so chopsticks just won't do at all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 13:52:19 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2013-2-5 13:37
Of course at most banquets the hosts are mindful not to include whole fruit for desert nowadays... ...

WRT American table manners, from what I can tell, they've degenerated, not improved.....more's the pity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 14:02:02 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-2-5 13:51
What's wrong with chopsticks? Have you ever eaten a real sized, no China sized, steak, or a real B ...

have u tried chopstick with small knife with it?

yes...different set of food might need different kinds of tools...but paying RMB100,000 to learn table manners like that is dam idio.t~
chinese do not have table manners? what are these stup.id people doing?

so difficult to learn how to use fork? spoon? knife?
need to pay to learn it?
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 14:03:34 |Display all floors
I tried to peel a banana with chopsticks...failed...
I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. --JKR

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-5 14:05:31 |Display all floors
slimpanda Post time: 2013-2-5 14:02
have u tried chopstick with small knife with it?

yes...different set of food might need different ...

Yes, I too think it's ridiculous.

Chopsticks and a knife won't do much good at our typical meals.

Do Chinese people, generally speaking, have table manners? Not by our standards, no...sorry to say!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.