Author: abramicus

Japan's Remorseless Attempts at Waging Psychological Warfare on China   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-13 16:18:05 |Display all floors
because of their unrepentant stance over WW II war crimes
I can foresee that the country will descend further into more & more failures
striken with more crippling disasters
Please don't shoot, I'm just a babe.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-2-13 17:01:15 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-2-13 16:03
But it seems to exist.

They told me that about Father Christmas. Seeing is believing and if it does exist surely it would solve matters more easily if it is shown.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 17:19:29 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2013-2-1 22:45
Abe Shinzo talks peace while preparing for war.

China's response is to prepare for war and talk pea ...

Right now, it's a media war. Let's hope it stays that way!

Really though, it's ok for you to call for war while safely esconsed in Singapore. You'll suffer no deprivation if such a conflict happens.
None of those who call for war appear to actually be in China which is kind of strange, no?

Well, I am in China and whilst many Chinese people are immutably calling for the islands (rocks) to be Chinese, none seem to be baying for war. Maybe it's because they know that;

A/ Too many single child families kids will get killed in such a conflict and

B/ If the US comes into it, which it could very well do, and as long as it stays conventional (no nukes), China will get it's ass handed to it.

I know you'll call stating the facts, in this case a malicious and evil thing to say but, is it? How can it be when it's the truth?
Is the truth so unbearable, evil and malicious? No, it is reality, something some of your brigade of chest thumping, sabre rattling, but safe, gits need to think about!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 19:38:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 19:46:52 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 21:18:17 |Display all floors
China shrugs off 'unsigned' 1950 document undermining claim to Senkakus
KYODO
JAN 1, 2013 PRINT SHARE
The Chinese Embassy in Tokyo has dismissed the significance of a 1950 Chinese diplomatic document that refers to a disputed cluster of islands it claims by their Japanese name and that indicates they are part of Japan’s Ryukyu Islands.

In a statement dated Dec. 30, the embassy said “the fact that the Japanese side is planning to use an unsigned reference document to support its own erroneous stance reveals its lack of confidence.”

“It’s clear from the historical background of the Diaoyu Islands that Japan has never legally exercised sovereignty over them,” it said, using the Chinese name for the Japan-administered Senkaku Islands.

The 10-page document, dated May 1950, was reportedly found stored in the Chinese Foreign Ministry’s archives.

It was completed on May 15, 1950, less than eight months after the Communist Party founded the People’s Republic of China, and at a time when Beijing was considering whether to take part in international meetings to conclude peace treaties with Japan following the end of World War II.

Titled “Draft outline on issues and arguments on parts concerning territories in the peace treaty with Japan,” the document only refers to the islands by their Japanese name, indicating there was no practice in Beijing then of calling them Diaoyu.

Its description of the islands as being in the southernmost part of the Ryukyu Archipelago appears to contradict Beijing’s present assertion that they are affiliated with Taiwan, which it also claims is an inherent part of Chinese territory. Taiwan claims the Senkakus as the Tiaoyutai.

But the document does reportedly mention the need for discussion on whether the Senkaku Islands should be incorporated into Taiwan.

Japan, which effectively nationalized the islands in mid-September, says it was not until the early 1970s that China started claiming the sovereignty over them, after an academic survey indicated the possibility of the existence of petroleum resources in the surrounding area.

The Chinese Embassy’s statement pointed out that there are a number of postwar international legal documents relating to the territorial issue that support China’s claim, such as the 1943 Cairo Declaration issued by the Allies in WWII, as well as documents from Japan’s own diplomatic archives.

“All of these constitute a single, complete chain of doctrine,” it said, adding, “Japan cannot shake the basic fact that the Diaoyu Islands belong to China, not matter what tricks it pulls.”

China accuses Japan of “stealing” the islands from it in the 19th century.

It argues that after Japan’s WWII defeat, it was obliged to return them to China under the Cairo Declaration, the 1945 Potsdam Proclamation which defined the terms for Japan’s surrender, and other international legal documents.

Japan insists the islands were not included in the territory it renounced under the 1951 San Francisco Peace Treaty, which legally defined Japan’s postwar territory.

It points out that China raised no objections when the islands were placed under U.S. administration, based on the 1951 treaty, as part of the Ryukyu Islands, whose administrative rights were reverted to Japan in 1972.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-13 22:21:44 |Display all floors
Jiji Press said it acquired an original photocopy of a 10-page document titled "Draft platform on issues and arguments in the parts concerning territories in the peace with Japan."

The document, Jiji Press said, stated that the Ryukyus "consist of three parts--northern, central, and southern. The central part comprises the Okinawa islands, whereas the southern part comprises the Miyako islands and the Yaeyama islands (Sento islets)." The parentheses appear in the original.
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.