Author: xuerengui

Chinese people are ashame of the way they look   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-29 03:16:58 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-1-29 03:09
I've haven't said white skin was superior, silly!

But you're implying it.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 03:47:14 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2013-1-29 03:16
But you're implying it.

Never thought of it being superior. Quite the opposite actually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 03:53:15 |Display all floors
look at who's talkin here with intl movie database, and you think you're bad dont you  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 08:49:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-29 03:10
So is propagandist Robber the Internet mercenary. Which brings to mind the unstoppable power of th ...

Robert to my knowledge never complained that Chinese women want to look Caucasian...

Who can understand women... their preferences change from day to day?
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 14:52:37 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-29 01:54
In EUROPE, no one has an inferiority complex for looking European. In Africa it is practically the s ...

It's also a perverse problem common in Japan and S. Korea, the plastic surgery capital of Asia where Chinese (and Japanese) tourists and actresses go for face alterations.  White skin is highly desired by east Asians because it's a symbol of looking  'high class,' unlike dark skinned peasants.  Asians have a love-hate relationship with their own identity and with the west.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 18:31:36 |Display all floors
jiayangguizi8 Post time: 2013-1-29 01:37
Generally, it's mostly racist if remarks, actions or opinions follow the intention to be racist.
M ...

I take it given your prejudices towards white people that you have not benefited from one of these supposedly advanced education systems? So if China allowed itself to be more open to other races, to the point where perhaps 10% of the populations are black/white, but refused to show non-Chinese faces on tv, you wouldn't consider this racist?

Your comments about interaction with other cultures was an interesting one, but you presume all people of a certain colour are of a similar mind set.. you express that "whites.. are still racist." Really...all of them? Chinese people when meeting non Chinese people are welcoming... really all of them? And whites never are...?

I suppose what you are insinuating is that despite a superior education system, more exposure to other cultures etc...white people are on a default racist setting and will always be considered racist no matter what they do or don't do?

Now i've discovered that i'm utterly racist I must swiftly abandon both my non-white friends and mixed race relatives, shave my head & join a neo-nazi group asap.

To get back to the point.... having people who are not 100% Chinese in Chinese media should not be seen as a source of shame, but an expression of diversity.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-29 19:40:08 |Display all floors
verdane Post time: 2013-1-29 18:31
I take it given your prejudices towards white people that you have not benefited from one of these ...

the girl is pretty. as all mixed kids are generally pretty.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.