Author: ttt222

Can Foreigners Ever Understand China? [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2013-1-28 03:30:10 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-27 10:03
Yews, you are a RISIBLE person and you are comfortable only with your propaganda that you label "f ...

Childish retorts are all any brainwashed propagandists such as yourself is capable of.
I wonder how you would have turned out if you had a mind of your own...
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 03:31:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-27 10:06
Nice try putting in a nice word for a propaganda stooge who has nothing betzter to do than to post ...

I've been to China many times while you have never been there.
Your whole existence on this forum is built upon lies.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 04:17:52 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-27 11:55
Puerile rejoinder like these brook no serious repudiation, dour Robber.

You are only jealous bec ...

You've been looking up more big words I see. Too bad you'll never be able to use them gracefully.
When do you think you might be able to admit you've never been in China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 04:19:06 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-27 11:57
Come on, who do you think will believe you?

You need a better brainwashing than what you get, Rob ...

Again, you simply take my valid arguments against you and repeat them against me.
I still wonder what would have become of you if you had a mind of your own.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 07:11:19 |Display all floors
On Topic; maybe, if foreigners live there long enough amongst the people instead of in nice housing estates etc.
i like to sit at small corner stores, have a beer and talk to folks. I learn about them, they learn about me, they get a little English and I can practise my Putonghua.....everyone wins!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 10:31:29 |Display all floors
grb Post time: 2013-1-28 02:26
"Well, he would still get an insight into China if he's been here 7 times and is married to a Chin ...

No, I would agree with your supposition depending on the period of residence. He might, however, have some insights into Chinese society which you do not have depending on his wife's input which can vary according to her political prejudices, education and also English comprehension. Equally, many people come to China with prejudices which colour their perceptions of Chinese society. So we shouldn't just write him off because he has a different perspective from you.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-28 10:46:53 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2013-1-28 02:06
Nice try putting in a nice word for a propaganda stooge who has nothing betzter to do than to post ...

Funny, I always classed you as a propaganda stooge on your bad days.

Some people can support China, the CCP or whoever simply because they believe in what they say from the evidences they are exposed to. Other people can simply admire China, the CCP or whoever without supporting them. There are even people who simply like a good argument, have pick a side and come to believe in it. They do not need to have any ulterior motives for expressing their opinions or for the directions their opinions take.
(mostly harmless)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.