Views: 82841|Replies: 149

Why do foreigners love to date leftover women in China?   [Copy link] 中文

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-1-24 17:44:05 |Display all floors
Have you ever heard of a popular Chinese word – Leftover Women? Unmarried women in China over the age of 28 are often considered to be “leftover women” .There is a statement says to leftover Chinese women -”If you haven’t married a Chinese man by the time you are 35, you should consider marrying a foreigner.” It is not a joke and it’s not even entirely groundless. But why foreign men will take up with Chinese leftover women? Any culture differences?
1.jpg

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-24 20:27:23 |Display all floors
Do Chinese women have an expiry date? What do all the Chinese older men who are single do? I thought there were too many men as it was in China, let alone not being able to date 'leftover' woman. Very odd culture if It's true.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-25 00:45:56 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2013-1-24 20:27
Do Chinese women have an expiry date? What do all the Chinese older men who are single do? I thought ...

It is true, yeah, not only odd, but also old.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-25 01:04:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jiayangguizi8 at 2013-1-25 01:11

I think you mean white men. It's because they are left-over men.

Just look at the guy in your picture. No foreign woman (Asian, Black, Indian, Latino, Mixed, White) would want to marry him. The majority of white guys who come to China have a vey hard time to get girls to accept them in the West, let alone be kissed by them. So they come to China because they know that Chinese blindly worship whites, and that they'll be offered jobs and girls on a silver platter from their kneeling servants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-25 01:56:00 |Display all floors
As a foreign white American guy who has a Chinese "leftover woman" (using your definition) let me just tell you why in my case, rather than try to guess for every man.

First, I like her looks. Sad to admit it, but it is the first thing we notice about each other, regardless of culture, right? She has a great smile; that was the first thing I noticed. I talked to her (through work) and found out she is very intelligent. That is another thing; I cannot abide a dumb woman, no matter HOW attractive she is. I need someone I can talk to. She is also strong, emotionally, and rational. I've dated many American women, and found they are largely irrational. Not only was I expected to understand this, but also to accept and love it. But I don't love it. I HATE it. Maybe especially so, because I'm an engineer.

My woman, on the other hand is very rational. Sometimes, more so than I am. it is a strange feeling.

I also feel like it is a savage, chauvanistic thing to suggest that a woman is "left-over" because she is older than 35. This is something that may have been common in wester countries 100+ years ago, but we have developed beyond that now. Women are considered equal in almost every way. (main exception being physical strength)

FWIW - I think that lady in linda's picture above is pretty. Great smile, pretty face, average or a bit chunkier than average by American standards. She's quite fat by Chinese standards, I guess.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-25 05:31:56 |Display all floors
It´s very popular expression

very derogatory to their own women

That´s one of the worse problems in China and Asia

Chinese men value the women for their appareance and age

Stupid men and supporters

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-25 05:32:02 |Display all floors
It´s very popular expression

very derogatory to their own women

That´s one of the worse problems in China and Asia

Chinese men value the women for their appareance and age

Stupid men and supporters

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.