Author: rainyweather

How to instantly feel better when you feel depressed?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-28 17:44:10 |Display all floors
I have a friend who currently suffers depression.  Depression has chemical as well as environmental causes.  How we feel is determined by what we think about and the things that we say to ourselves.  Often, depression is unexpressed anger that we turn inward onto ourselves.
Many times we feel overwhelmed with problems that we don't know how to solve by ourselves.

It's normal to have depression for a few days, but beyond that, it's an indication of a problem.

I often would write a "Gratitude List" each day.  This is a list of the things that I'm grateful for.  I would read the list and try to change the focus of my thinking to the good things in my life rather than the bad things.

Next, I try to do something nice for someone else and I ask nothing in return.  Even a simple smile or helping an old woman up the stairs is all I do.  In this way, I feel that my life as meaning and value to others.

Physical activity is good for elevating moods.  Going out and meeting new people helps to create new opportunities in life and if I can't solve a problem in life by myself, I ask a trusted friend or mentor.

These ideas may not work for everyone, but they have helped me and many people that I know who had depression.  We can't solve our problems alone; we do need the help of others.

I hope that I can help my friend who has depression.  She feels that she is a 'bad' woman because she feels depressed.  I think she is a good woman because she takes care of her daughter.  She needs someone to take care of her, so I want to be her friend and help her build a bridge to a new life.  She deserves it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-28 18:53:26 From mobile |Display all floors
can you solve these problem at the moment?if  you can so what are you worring about.if you cant rt now so what are you worring about.I always talk to myself when im trouble,it's a good way to get ouf of bad mood.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.