Views: 4511|Replies: 13

Diaoyudao May Look Like China's Pearl Harbor . . . [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-10 15:22:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-1-10 15:24

...but Japan should remember that WWII did not end after Pearl Harbor.  Instead, it began at Pearl Harbor, and ended at Hiroshima and Nagasaki, four years later.

History repeats itself.

No matter what kind of naval or aerial defeat China may sustain at Diaoyudao, Japan will be doomed the moment it attacks any Chinese or Taiwanese troops on Diaoyudao.  Except, Japan's defeat will come a lot sooner than four years.  And it will be more permanent and complete.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-10 18:57:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-10 21:44:43 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-1-11 05:12:22 |Display all floors
If a future violent conflict is inevitable, Japan would probably rather that China made the first strike, so that the US would be obligated by treaty to assist Japan. If Japan struck first, US military involvement would be a very hard sell to the American public.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-11 11:46:36 |Display all floors
The Colonel is making another veiled threat that if China defends its sovereign territory it will suffer a nuclear holocaust.  

Whatever.

Japan will go first, ahead of China, for sure.  In fact, that is about as certain as the sun rising from the East.  Literally.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-11 11:54:29 |Display all floors
Abram trying to get China to fight again?
Do you really want to see dead Chinese and Japanese boys so much...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-11 11:55:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2013-1-11 11:59

东方红,太阳升!!!  

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.