Views: 14237|Replies: 21

Poll: Do you mind your wife earn more than you?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-9 10:52:02 |Display all floors
women.jpg

What's you idea if your wife or dating partner earn more money than you?  Upset or upbeat? Probably most of the men especially those in China would feel a little bit shame facing the above situation. The point here is how would you deal with it? Dumping your current job or partner? What's your choice? it would be better if you have the real life experience.
Single choice vote, There are a total of 19 people participating in the poll
15.79% (3)
21.05% (4)
63.16% (12)
Your current user group has no poll permission

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-9 14:11:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by WhiteBear at 2013-1-9 14:19

No problem, money comes and goes - one time I can have more, other time my partner.
In the serious relationship it is still "our" money.

What is for me important in relationship about the money?
- have to cover basic expenses
- good if there can be some for a social life
- very good if there are some extra for savings
- perfect if there are spare money to spend on entertainment

Who earns the money (more of it?) are less important.
While I was always the person who had higher salary and other income, I would have no objection if my partner would have bigger income.

Dumping a partner because She have more income?! - who made that question?!

Dumping a job? - why? To take care about home - as a help to the Partner who in that time have opportunity to earn more?
In that case You don't have to dump a job, but to have one that can be shared with home duties.

For me -  Partner can not be judged by the money, job - is not only for gaining a money but also to help to develop oneself, learn, nad improve skills.
I can not imagine myself as a 100% "househusband" :) but I respect that there are the people who are into it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 14:29:52 |Display all floors
I wish my girlfriend earned more money, it would take some of the pressure off me.

Though her opinion is that, as a man, I should pay for the majority of things, when it comes to those non essentials which she likes and enjoys, like expensive face cream, hair treatments, dozens of pairs of shoes, I wish she could use more of her money to pay for these things.

Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2013-1-9 15:44:10 |Display all floors
daniel_hs_walsh Post time: 2013-1-9 14:29
I wish my girlfriend earned more money, it would take some of the pressure off me.

Though her opin ...

that's exactly my way :)

important expenses can (should) be shared, but every partner can (should) have spare money for own "small pleasures"

...that of course doesn't mean that I haven't bought Her some "small pleasures" out of "my" money :)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-9 16:50:16 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2013-1-9 15:44
that's exactly my way :)

important expenses can (should) be shared, but every partner  ...

small gifts are important in a relationship, but I really do not understand why she needs so many pairs of shoes or such expensive face cream hehe.

my pleasures are simple, watching the football of a weekend with a cold beer is all I require.
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-10 07:58:01 |Display all floors
daniel_hs_walsh Post time: 2013-1-9 14:29

Though her opin ...

you will be despised especailly by some Chinese women.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-10 08:45:23 |Display all floors
daniel_hs_walsh Post time: 2013-1-9 16:50
small gifts are important in a relationship, but I really do not understand why she needs so many  ...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.