Views: 3694|Replies: 14

Chinese father pushes son to kick gaming addiction [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-5 08:50:49 |Display all floors
Friday 4 January 2013.

X001.png

Chinese father pushes son to kick gaming addiction by hiring virtual assassins to kill his MMO character

It's practically a cliché at this point: An angry father gets fed up with his lay about son playing video games all day instead of looking for a job.

But Kotaku reports that one father in China went outside the box when thinking of ways to get his son off the computer: He hired a team of virtual assassins to repeatedly kill his son's favorite character in a popular online role-playing game.

According to Kotaku, 23-year-old Xiao Feng had been in and out of jobs for years while pointedly telling his father that he didn't want to work for a living.

Even after his father ruined his online gaming experience by having his character die numerous times, the defiant Feng told his father that he was still "not looking for any job" and that he wanted "to take some time to find one that suits me."

So let this be a lesson to all you crafty entrepreneurs out there thinking you can make a fortune by creating a virtual Dark Brotherhood to take out game addicts' MMO characters: This sort of intervention apparently isn't all that effective.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-5 12:25:20 |Display all floors
diffrent

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-1-5 15:04:16 |Display all floors
I'm curious about which game it is.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-6 00:39:12 |Display all floors
Col Post time: 2013-1-5 15:04
I'm curious about which game it is.

I don't know.

This news was on an American website.

Is the game called Dark Brotherhood?

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2013-1-6 03:48:39 |Display all floors
dragon8 Post time: 2013-1-6 00:39
I don't know.

This news was on an American website.

No, Dark Brotherhood comes from the game Skyrim. The photo from the article is from that game. Skyrim isn't an online game though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-6 04:22:58 |Display all floors
Is there a game where if your character dies this is somehow a huge problem for you? I doubt it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-6 05:42:06 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2013-1-6 04:22
Is there a game where if your character dies this is somehow a huge problem for you? I doubt it.

I would not know because I don't play these games.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.