Author: aziz

Ban skirts in schools in Rajasthan,India [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-1-2 03:33:19 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-1-2 02:59
Ummm, these girls were a bit "forward". I didn't come to China for that! It was an international sc ...

You were able to act responsibly probably because you were taught the meaning of personal responsibility.

Your parents probably taught you not to blame others for your own behavior.

That is all I have been asking here.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 03:39:27 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-1-2 03:29
The problem also lies with some women who are more "available" than others.

As for the 2%, how  ...

Lock them up if they break laws but other than that don't make them seem like the norm.

Just because you can sympathize with them, doesn't mean that their actions are excusable.

I just want it made clear that individuals are responsible for their own behavior.  That's it.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 03:42:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by exportedkiwi at 2013-1-2 06:27
JFenix Post time: 2013-1-2 02:33
You were able to act responsibly probably because you were taught the meaning of personal responsi ...

I am a man, I am responsible for myself.
I am one of HMs soldiers, I will act with honour.
I will believe in The God in which we trust.
I will do as my fathers did before me, which is to act with decency and honour and obey HM, The Queen.
I will not bring shame to my Queen, family or my country.
I will act with respect until respect is not shown to me. It is at this time I am permitted to teach the meaning of respect by whichever mean(s) I deem necessary.
I will not deliberately hurt a person, be it a he or she, of a different race or creed than mine unless ordained by law.
I will respect women as I respect my friends. To do otherwise would be dishonourable.
I will obey the laws of my nation and those of my host. I need not, however, take heed of those who would speak ill of my Queen, my family, my people and my nation. I am permitted to destroy my enemies.
I will defend HM, The Queen and my country until the last breath leaves my body. These are my oaths and these I will keep.

So help me God!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 03:53:14 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-1-2 03:42
I am a man, I am responsible for myself.
I am one of HMs soldiers, I will act with honour.
I will  ...

Right on.  

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 03:55:35 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2013-1-2 02:53
Right on.

It is my family's creed!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-1-2 19:09:09 |Display all floors
exportedkiwi Post time: 2013-1-2 03:55
It is my family's creed!

You know your values are not far apart from mine.  When I think of values and definition of 'manliness' - it has more to do with this crazy inner fortitude and strength with honor.  I think my views have been misinterpreted here by many.  There is no conflict with what you believe in and feminism (the way I see it).

I do think we need to challenge ourselves in things we have normally accepted without much thought behind it.  Like this issue here.  We're not talking about slutty clothes here, but school uniforms.   Somehow even those are just 'too sexy' for boys to maintain their cool.  Its rubbish.  Part of this is normal adolescence and its important IMO, to experience those challenges and temptations.  Its normal to go through these things.  

Making it a big deal or acting as if its all coming from external forces is just damaging in the long run.  How are young men supposed to feel about themselves if they believe their own hormone-induced passions are evil and sinful.  How does that make them think of themselves for one?   

Its actually a crucial time for guidance.  This is where those values you were taught come into play.  Its natural for boys to have 'lustful gazes' as they are going through adolescence, it doesn't matter what you put girls in.  Its biological.  Girls go through it too.  So, we just need to learn how to show guidance during this stage in particular.  

That is where the focus should be, not removing temptation (doesn't work anyways).

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2013-1-2 19:13:55 |Display all floors
How will banning wearing skirts, protect all students?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.