Author: waiboshu

Would you settle in China if you have an opportunity?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-30 20:57:38 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 20:45
Really? Its fairly straightforward actually.

Here are the conditions to become one:

Is this theory or do you know a foreigner who accomplished it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 21:08:58 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2012-12-30 20:57
Is this theory or do you know a foreigner who accomplished it?

This is the official procedure for applying. Do you doubt this and think the Chinese government is publishing false material to raise the hopes of naive foreigners so they can laugh when their hopes of becoming a Chinese citizen are dashed?

Of course you can apply! You can apply in any country as long as you follow the official procedure. It is probably convoluted and a pain in the behind but all government procedures are like that!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-30 21:17:29 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 20:45
Really? Its fairly straightforward actually.

Here are the conditions to become one:

This is copied straight from the internet, it does not work like this in practice.
I have spent a number of years working in China and paying my taxes but at the moment can not get Citizenship. Please give me figures for the number of people who got citizenship in the last year, I am sure that the number is VERY low.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 21:19:09 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2012-12-30 21:17
This is copied straight from the internet, it does not work like this in practice.
I have spent a  ...

How exactly have you tried to get citizenship? I put it to you that you simply aren't trying very hard. Online numbers are pointless too if you think that the correct information from online is not applicable.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 21:21:15 |Display all floors
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 21:08
This is the official procedure for applying. Do you doubt this and think the Chinese government is ...

Yes I knew the official procedure but have yet to learn of a foreigner who actually achieved it without weallth or special privileges.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 21:23:16 |Display all floors
Laowai2? Post time: 2012-12-30 21:21
Yes I knew the official procedure but have yet to learn of a foreigner who actually achieved it wi ...

So you know but have you actually tried it? Just follow the procedure and see if they let you or not. I would hazard a guess that it is nowhere near as difficult as people seem to be claiming. I think that in actual fact not many people want Chinese citizenship, mostly because they have to renounce their own citizenship in the process.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-30 21:27:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Laowai2? at 2012-12-30 21:28
HardTruth Post time: 2012-12-30 21:23
So you know but have you actually tried it? Just follow the procedure and see if they let you or n ...

Yes I agree. The new "relaxed" rules for permanent residency with "Green Card" (since when did China have a green card system?) seem a better bet for most foreigners.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.