Author: abramicus

Japan Should Relinquish Diaoyudao Immediately . . .   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-23 06:14:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 06:23:54 |Display all floors
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 06:40:04 |Display all floors
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-12-23 05:59
For one thing, Greece had trouble with Turkey.

Not because it does not want to take Cyprus or Is ...

Your response is irrelevant, my question wasn't: "Can Greece take back Constantinople?". I was trying to get you to understand that "i had it first" (maybe) "here's some maps from 150 years ago" logic only exists in China, that's why we see idiotic threads in here saying that the Americans should give back America to the now almost non-existant Indians. This kind of thinking can't survive when even the slightest critical thinking is used.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 06:49:11 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-12-23 06:51
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-12-23 06:14
That was what Japan claimed, but it is their words against reality.

Why claim Diaoyu Dau in 189 ...
Why claim Diaoyu Dau in 1895, when she defeated China?

Lets say that you're in a courtyard in elementary school (Asia) and you see a toy (Senkaku/daioyu islands) that belongs to noone left in a bench, you continue watching it for a few years (as you grow older) and noone seems to care for it. You're not the biggest kid in elementary school so you suppose that you're not the strongest either so you can't make a move to declare that it's from now on yours because other kids will probably become suspicious and think that the fact that you're claiming it means that it's probably valueable and might beat you up in order to claim it for themselves. Then one day you beat up the strongest and bigger kid in school (China) do you go get the toy while everyone is affraid of you or not? :)

My logic explains everything, and Okinawan early (before Japan beat up the strongest biggest kid in the school) responses to Japanese government think about getting the toy (Senkaku/diaoyu islands).

Chew on that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 07:01:33 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 07:06:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-12-23 07:06
lau_guan_kim Post time: 2012-12-23 07:01
That is your interpretation.

Even a sizeable of knowledgeable Westerners do not see it the way yo ...
Go soak up on Cairo Conference 1943 and Potsdam Declaration 1945.

You're very good at saying things that are totally irrelevant. I thought that we were talking about 18XX not 19XX year. You asked me to explain and i did, now chew on that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-23 07:16:45 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.