Author: vincent01

Why the West insists on politicalizing the Nobel Prize?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-11 15:21:46 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2012-12-11 15:22

Nobel Prize is sheer nonsense.  How can a committee pick out the best contributor to a field so large it will take forever to screen for the best?  The judges played fast and loose with their own rules in order to make their pick in time for the ceremonies.  Is there a "most beautiful woman", except as the beauty pageant judges decide?  Get another batch of judges, and another woman wins.  Therefore, logically, the choice of any one batch of judges is a kind of random variable.  In order to arrive at a true approximation of the universal "most beautiful woman", enough samples of judges must be taken and made to judge the same group of women.  A sample of one is a joke, considering that the Nobel Prize committee makes such a show of its adherence to scientific rigor and statistical rectitude.

Mathematically, the Nobel Prize is just a lousy opinion of a single batch of has-beens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 15:26:10 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 15:34:56 |Display all floors
mo and me have the same hometown
i a proud of his acivemnt
nobel ,politics,human rights,ccp
that's the key words in cuttrent westen countries.
we will an have to become more and more stronger,returun to the top place in this plannet.no strong, no right to say something
firstly,continuing to reform and opening-up

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 15:43:00 |Display all floors
At his moment , i would like to say" Thank you !Mo " i feel proud as a chinese. Meanwhile , i wish More chinese can get Nobel Prize in different fields.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 16:20:22 |Display all floors
Maybe in the fields of Human Rights ?
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 16:58:34 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-12-11 15:21
Nobel Prize is sheer nonsense.  How can a committee pick out the best contributor to a field so larg ...

The Physics, Chemistry and Medicine Nobel prizes are less based on personal opinion and much better. These are the only ones I pay attention to.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 17:19:36 |Display all floors

Video clip: Congratulation On Mo Yan's winning Nobel Prize in literature by Chinese overseas scholars and students in Sweden

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.