Views: 8935|Replies: 15

China’s higher education problem   [Copy link] 中文

November's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-7 08:14:31 |Display all floors

In fact, there is some problem need to be improved existing in the current higher education, we should rethink these problem seriously. Now we summary some current higher education problem as below:

Firstly, the teaching mode of the higher education problem need to be transformed and reformed. As we know, most graduate student generally lack of practical skill or the experience of social practice, even some student can’t have any opportunities to get the social practice at all in some colleges, so they can’t be suitable for the new job in one short time when they begin their first job after they graduate from their college. Here we suggest the colleges initially create more opportunities of the social practice for the student, encourage students go out of the school to the society to practice themselves, advocate the combination of the practice and the teaching. In addition, if there is the condition, the colleges can collaborate with some enterprises to run the teaching together, if so, more students will have the opportunities to practice themselves before they graduate from the college. Of course, we also suggest the college weaken the concept of the theoretical examination.

Secondly, more and more colleges tend to commercialization in the past several years, even some college tend to only pursue the profit, most colleges expand the school scale blindly, for example, setting up some new profession course which is not the strong profession of the school, enrolling new students blindly, constructing the new teaching building blindly and so on. Here we suggest the colleges should act according to the local circumstance, set up the new courses reasoningly based on itself characteristic and the local reality of the society, environment, develop some selective profession which is the strong point of the college.

The third is the education system, currently the national education department acquiesce in the colleges expanding the scale blindly, they only seek for popularizing the higher education for more and more public blindly through this way as soon as possible, but the method seems to be boastful, they only seek for the quantity with lacking of the quality.

Indeed, there are some real problem existing in the education system and the colleges need to be reformed thoroughly, some lagging behind concept also need to be transformed. Looking forward to the education institution can push some reform resolutely, transform the concept in the not remote future, train some students who are really qualified and can catch up with the fast progress of the society.

Positive, optimistical, easy-going

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-9 20:02:30 |Display all floors
It´s a very interesting issue because we in the west have a very firm opinion about the Chinese students. They are very dilligent and hard-working. High-achievers.

Many of them study at western universities and score high marks. I myself came across some overseas Chinese students and my tutors in the chinese course.

I can confirm that they are very committed and high-achieving. However I noticed that they have weaknesses in their education, e.g. knowledge about the word´s history, politics and geography.

In addition, they reacted very vulnerable to criticism. They are very slow at their ability to realizie one´s own shortages of knowledge and improve it.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-10 08:54:12 |Display all floors
The education system needs to evolve, live and breath and move with the times.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 09:14:14 |Display all floors
Our gov needs time to do it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 10:03:46 |Display all floors
The problem starts from the parents.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-10 11:18:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-12-10 11:54

Obedient students makes good workers.

Don't you think that is the most important objective of the Chinese government and even of many parents?

The government is very happy to have a constant supply of good workers, serfs and slaves, if possible.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-11 01:52:08 |Display all floors
it is not our fault ,what we can do on campus is to achieve high score so that we can get a good job .we have no working experience before work and we gain experience by working after finishing our study,education reform should be no the way

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.