Author: 468259058

Do you still buy stocks? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-4 21:24:18 |Display all floors
Generally, I wouldn't advice anyone to invest in stocks. Rather invest in ETFs or even consider letting a professional wealth manager take care of your assets. Hedging risks, diversifying a portfolio properly, reducing volatility and still optimize returns is so difficult a task that if private individuals do it, they could just as well go to gamble.
When you invest, your goal should only be to ditch inflation and keep your assets. If you want to EARN money, better use those assets to start a company yourself - or make portfolio management a full time job, but that will mean that you will have to study a lot of financial theory.

Now for the special case of China:
If you invest in Chinese stocks at the moment, you will most likely lose, despite the fact that China's economy growth. The reason for this is that the government opens the capital market more and more, loosens monopolies and therefore cuts the ability of large Chinese corporations to make profits - which inevitably brings you a negative beta over the long term.

So in conclusion:
It's a bad idea to invest into single stocks as an individual.
And it's a very bad idea to do that in China.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-12-5 08:44:46 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-12-4 22:24
Generally, I wouldn't advice anyone to invest in stocks. Rather invest in ETFs or even consider lett ...
  1. So in conclusion:
  2. It's a bad idea to invest into single stocks as an individual.
  3. And it's a very bad idea to do that in China.
Copy code
I agree with your statement. It's true for people who have no clue. For all others the market is an opportunity hardly to find anywhere else.  

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-5 10:27:51 |Display all floors
This morning, most of the stocks are Red.
UP and UP.
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-12-5 11:43:10 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-12-5 11:27
This morning, most of the stocks are Red.
UP and UP.
  1. UP and UP.
Copy code
Yes, nice increase - 2,029.60  at 12:28  increase of 57,23  or 2,90%

Sharp increase and - so far - one of the best days since months.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-6 09:07:34 |Display all floors
If you gamble on the stock market without doing your research you deserve to loose all you have. Stocks and shares should be invested in for the long term and not for a quick gain. The markets will rise again.

Also if professional stock managers are so good why do they not invest there own money to make a huge profit? Many so called professional have lost a lot of money for their clients but they still get their commission.

My advice is to buy now when the market is at a low.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-6 10:29:18 |Display all floors
No, I buy in the west.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-8 10:28:07 |Display all floors
if you are a personal investor , i suggest you not to invest the stock due to you do not have the completly information a all. in US, 90 percent investor in the stock market are organization investor, however,in china most investor in the stock market are personal investor.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.