Author: 468259058

What is democracy?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-5 10:54:09 |Display all floors
Prometheus2 Post time: 2012-12-5 10:47
China regularly uses the buzz word 'democracy' in its propaganda. Many authoritarian countries do. ...

You and the rest of the world knows that it is just a label that sounds nice,

and when people hears that word , everyone thinks that it represent all that is good

and fair. Which it is when applied properly, but that never happens in the world that we live in today,

because the original sin "GREED " , gets in the way.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 11:53:46 |Display all floors
no John Locke, no modernity and no modern forms of government.

the alternative is feudal mediaval government like in China.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 11:54:44 |Display all floors
the alternative is feudal mediaval government like in China....and in Middle East before Arab Spring.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 12:01:08 |Display all floors
more than just democracies vs non democracies.

it is John Locke vs Confucious.

modernity vs feudalism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-16 03:35:34 |Display all floors
Its true , there is no true face of democracy in present world , '' West democracy is drive by money '' , . '' Most Eastern Democracy are design and placed by Western Powers '' .
In the Case of China , its a mirror of Public Service Leader ship '' Family Leader Ship '' .
In China , Most of the People do not know what is going with in the Western and EU democracy Culture .
All in West is Control by Corporate Mafia .
If you view the Past Twenty Years of P.R CHINA , its a huge Credit for its Leadership ,
Millions of People are now count as Middle Class , who were below poverty line before twenty years .
Its all done by the true leader ship of China and its People .
Democracy is not an effective ideology in producing a successful society .
I am opinion , China have right People to Lead the country in Right Way , it is world biggest population with its own culture and thinking manner . No one can under stand the roots of chinese people except root base chinese people .
I agree , Chinese Leader ship have to give easy society to there people , but nation also have to under stand the need of the unity and support for there leader ship to face the current problems .
The Word and System name '' Democracy is not Fit & Fruitful within the Chinese Society '' . its my remarks for the Westen Style Democracy Lovers .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-28 12:06:22 |Display all floors
The best form of government is anarchy, which means "without central government". The Ancient Celtics developed a prosperous, gentle and just society without central government. China was also an anarchy for much of it's history, with emperors that ruled by permission.

However, Anarchy does not endure because it cannot defend itself. The Romans destroyed ancient Celtic civilization to steal it's production (mostly the gold). England made China into it's play toy, allowing all Europeans and the Japanese to pillage the country.

So the west is stuck with oligarchy. China has retained some of it's anarchic nature with features like "Special administrative regions", "special economic zones", and "autonomous regions" where central government limits it's own influence.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-28 13:04:18 |Display all floors
CelticAnarchy Post time: 2013-3-28 12:06
The best form of government is anarchy, which means "without central government". The Ancient Celtic ...

The best and most efficient form of government, is a benevolent dictatorship.... the only problem is finding a benevolent dictator. Power corrupts...
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.