Author: voice_cd

Have you experienced a travel trap?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2013-2-22 09:24:18 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2013-2-21 20:22
may i ask where are you originally from before i even got lost with you in SZ but dont worry i spe ...

oh ,i am in BaoAn district.Cantonese ??OMG!!! you are wonderful !!But i can speak it very flunetly too ,and i can write it out ,几得意葛哦。。。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 09:51:34 |Display all floors
I've had a few , shall we say, interesting experiences when it comes to Tourist scam here in China. Fake Taxi here in Fu Zhou from the airport into the city. Unfortunately for the scammer he was driving me to the house of a policeman and his family i happened to be staying with.
He was very surprised to see my welcoming committee
Another was the dreaded Bei Jing Day Tour Scam.
I drove the tour guide crazy by just basically walking out of the "shops" they took us too, purchasing nothing.
Its amazing what you can get away with  the use of the magic word Ting Bu Dong!
Don't argue with idiots! They will always win. First they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
When the power of love, overtakes the love of power,  the world will have peace.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-2-22 20:54:37 |Display all floors
blue-grape Post time: 2013-2-21 17:24
oh ,i am in BaoAn district.Cantonese ??OMG!!! you are wonderful !!But i can speak it very flunetly ...

i can speak fluently but not quite exactly in writin...still need your expertise  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-3-6 19:53:47 |Display all floors
Most traps happened to be the most favourite destinations of your dream holiday. In Sanya, the most reputable traps belonging to those northern accents running their restaurants, even the local also cheated by them, using threats and strong arms tactics to harass customers to order their foods.

Basically, when you asked for the cost of a live fish in the tank, they just quoted a cut throat price and straight way killed the fish by throwing into the floor. How to bargain when the fish is already dead? They can't be so daring without the protection of someone. These type of incidences happened all the while and even appeared in the press too often.

By contrast the normal caterers by native Hainanese only cost 1/3 or 1/4 of the price for the same type fish.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2013-4-7 14:27:25 |Display all floors
I am an American. Several years ago I was returning from a work trip in Thailand and decided to stop in Beijing for a few days before going on to Washington. I had never seen the Great Wall and wanted to have that experience.

I stayed at a Marriott hotel and asked the concierge to arrange a trip for me. She secured a private tour where an English-speaking tour guide and driver would give me the detailed, intimate side of the Great Wall.

The tour was great. But afterwards the tour guide insisted on taking me to a small pottery plant. There a lady took me on another tour showing how craftsmen made hand-painted copper pottery. She then took me to the show room to see which item I wanted to buy. I hadn’t planned to buy anything. She applied some gentle but distinct pressure to buy “something”. Wanting to look like a respectful American I said what the heck and selected a small copper vase. It turned out to be about 5,400 RMB ($800 USD). I later discovered this to be a massive rip-off that was basically designed for Westerners. They would never attempt to charge Chinese or other Asian countries this much.

As the tour guide was about to drop me back at the hotel he casually mentioned he received only a miniscule amount from the tour company that employed him and he really made money from tips. Again trying to be the good face of America I tipped him very well. Later I discovered that too was a lie and he totally scammed me.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2013-4-7 14:33:34 |Display all floors
In Wutai Shan many restaurants have two menus with different prices on, you order from the one with cheaper prices and pay from the one with expensive prices that is shown to you when you question the bill. The way round it is to get them to write the price on the order slip.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.