Author: voice_cd

Have you experienced a travel trap?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-6 11:40:04 |Display all floors
a horrified travel trap
"beijing one day tour"
do not believe in those cheaper "beijing one day tour"cost you  less than 150 yuan,a horrible memory to me
guild is equal to a robber,a gangster.
the post said the tour includle "badaling great wall",but they lead you to "jiayuguan";including"ming dynasty cemetery",but just let you see a glimpse through the bus window
and always push you to buy,buy ,buy
and at the end of the trip,all passengers are pushed to a basement jam shopping center,and through a series of elaborate hoaxes,a so-called overseas foreignr appeared,just said lots of bullshits to cheat you to buy jams
when we bought someting and go back to the bus,the guide disappeared,and slowly ,we realized this is a hoax,the bus driver just rudely said"i have no idea"

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-6 19:27:06 |Display all floors
The two menus as used in Wutai Shan.

You order off a menu with low prices but when you question the cost at the end of the meal they produce a menu with inflated prices. To avoid this make them write the price on the order form and leave a copy on the table.

This trick is carried out on both Chinese and Laowai.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 20:31:57 |Display all floors
when you tend to buy something in travel, please think twice before action, if the guide brings us to some places, we must be aware of some frauds. so a good guide will help you a good travel, but there is some lucks, we cant choose our guide by any reasons. good bless me, hope i will meet a good guide for my holidays to Thailand.
{:soso_e129:}
arise and go forth
english is part of my life

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-6 20:57:44 |Display all floors
nowadays travel is no longer what it was supposed to be. but we should not be interrupted by the negative side of travel

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-7 04:26:53 |Display all floors
bad experienced with chinese & malay tours...never take any tours in those places again  
a man who uses his hands is a laborer. one who uses his hands and his mind is a craftsman. but he who uses his hands, his mind, and his heart, is an artist...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-12 18:54:13 |Display all floors
I have seen the world through the sights of a rifle.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-12-17 18:00:13 |Display all floors
I've had a couple of rip off taxi drivers in my travelling life. One was in Moscow and he tried to fleece me for about 100 euros for what should have been a 20 euro trip. Another was here in Australia when coming home from an extended word trip to the USA and Europe a local cabby in Sydney tried to rort me by taking me the long way when he heard I was from Perth. Sadly for him I simply said that he was going the wrong way and any more tricks would result in a complaint to both police and the Taxi council and I'd have his license revoked.  

I've also had taxi drivers try to scam me in Africa, (various locations), Italy, Hungary, Romania as well as China, Indonesia and the Philippines.

The best thing to do is to find out what the average fare is and know the approximate route to be taken to get to major locations in a city. Have addresses written down in the local language and do your research online.

I've never had problems with travel agents as I have used the same travel agent for the past 35 years and she is ultra reliable and very much on the lookout for scams from hotels and agencies.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.