Author: Lewis8301

What kind of democracy would suit China?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-12-5 03:03:53 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-12-5 01:34
You obviously have China's best interests at heart... my friend.

"There is an old Chinese saying: “The people are like water, the ruler is a ship on that water. Water can carry the ship; water can overturn the ship.” Today, nation-states have replaced empires and kingdoms. In this analogy, water is still the people. The ship, however, is no longer just an emperor and his dynasty, but the larger and far more sophisticated political system that constitutes the modern nation-state.China’s one-party rule is enshrined in its constitution, just as America’s electoral democracy is in its. The Chinese people’s overwhelming and sustained support for the Communist Party’s leadership, as consistently reflected in independent public opinion surveys, is within the context of the nation’s one-party political constitution, and therefore can only be interpreted as support for this fundamental system of government. "

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-5 05:58:41 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2012-12-5 03:03
"There is an old Chinese saying: “The people are like water, the ruler is a ship on that water. W ...

It is a very wise saying.

The ruler cannot exist independent of the people, no matter how good or how clever. The people can always exist without a ruler...

I am absolutely convinced that the Chinese people overwhelmingly support the Communist Party.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.