What kind of democracy would suit China?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-4 02:51:02 |Display all floors
Direct democracy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 03:08:36 |Display all floors
Most important Question:
Why would they even deserve it?
China's still stuck in pretty much still a feudal system,
nowadays badly disguised behind a sham front.
Still mostly feudal, only the dinasty has changed,
and it will keep doing that, until a controlled process of change of power,
from the people, by the people and for the people is implemented.
I.e. Democracy.

Want it, come get it.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 03:13:06 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-12-4 02:51
Direct democracy.

Oddly enough,
Switzerland does have Invasion, Occupation and Annexation plans for where I'm living.
Do I want to be told when and how to use my own Toilet in my own home?
No!
Even when it's a referendum that decided that I have to sit down for peeing in my own home after 2200.
There are limits,
that's one of things a parliamentary system is for.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 03:14:52 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-12-4 03:15
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-12-4 03:13
Oddly enough,
Switzerland does have Invasion, Occupation and Annexation plans for where I'm living ...

Theoritically a what you're calling: "parliamentary system" is great - practically it simply leads to oligarchy and plutarchy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 03:34:24 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-12-4 03:14
Theoritically a what you're calling: "parliamentary system" is great - practically it simply leads  ...

That's when the Public is too lazy to take care of the checks, and subsequently the balances as well, in a later stage of that.
Freedom doesn't come for free.

Direct democracy is working in Switzerland is not the only thing notable about switzerland.
It's general accepted concensus that everybody has to do his part for the public,
alongside his normal job.
Implement it where people will not give a damn, and it will go wrong just as well.
And it does require much more public participation from the individual.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 03:37:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-12-4 03:39
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-12-4 03:34
That's when the Public is too lazy to take care of the checks, and subsequently the balances as we ...
Direct democracy is working in Switzerland is not the only thing notable about switzerland.

That's a version of it, not the most direct that it could be though. Gaddafi supposedly had wanted to make a more direct version of current democracy, or at least that's what his propaganda used to say 10-20 years ago. It sounded kinda cool.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-4 06:40:10 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-12-4 03:37
That's a version of it, not the most direct that it could be though. Gaddafi supposedly had wanted ...

Ghaddafi had a tribal council.
he involved tribal heads.
Hardly a form of direct democracy,
even more hardly anything coming close to switzerland.
Might've been better there than, say, some places on the other side of the sahara,
but noot really anywhere oecd tier.
Did he just defend national interests?
He was responsible for terrorism on uninvolved German Civilians in Germany,
which itself was not in any way involved in any troubles with lybia before that either.
That's confirmed by East Germany, and predated his international isolation.
If that sounds trustworthy as an idol for you, good luck, you'll need it.

The Failure that you are personally exposed to is not primarily of systematic nature,
that could have been any different with different systematic structures,
it was, is a failure of the public involvement, of the necessary civil society that is needed.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.