Author: 468259058

Do Chinese really consume little? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-12-2 14:55:34 |Display all floors
magnetic1974 Post time: 2012-12-2 16:50
Chinese are not stupid and they knew that revalue the currency is bad them.

if you think it is good to work for nothing, what more can I say?

our currency is strong

is it bad for us?

or bad for you?
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-12-2 15:13:48 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 468259058 at 2012-12-2 15:14
lebeast Post time: 2012-12-2 14:55
if you think it is good to work for nothing, what more can I say?

our currency is strong

If China's currency would be high, the products made from China would have been expensive. Shares in foreign markets would go down. Many Chinese workers would lose their jobs.

Low salaries or no salaries (without enough job opportunities for Chinese workers)

Which is your choice?
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-2 23:41:54 |Display all floors
when we talk about issues like this, how could we forget the common chinese people have to saving 90% income for house and healthy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 00:09:39 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-12-2 08:13
If China's currency would be high, the products made from China would have been expensive. Shares  ...

Yes , but low exchange creates account balance surplus, and forex reserves , and that your CB invest in some bonds , yields lover than the inflation, so you just burning money overtime, balanced trade is balanced:)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 00:17:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Everynowhere at 2012-12-3 00:19
Since many young Chinese use almost all of their salaries in personal consumption and save little, why our economists still assert that China's personal consumption is still low?

I guess you've answered this question yourself, with the follwoing statement:

That is to say, many young Chinese have consumed most of their income already. However, the weight of consumption is still low in our GDP.

I guess most economists just look at the numbers.
The next question, however, would be how accurate those numbers are. Consumption numbers are computed by simply looking at the VAT earned by the government, calculate the according total consumption revenue and compare it with the GDP. However, in smaller cities and on country side, many stores don't pay VAT - so the real consumption level might, as you suggested, be much higher indeed.

To become richer, however, China will have to produce more. Only production raises the GDP (which is already obvious if one considers what GDP stands for: gross domestic product). And every day, the Chinese people learn a little more about their work and improve their mindset. And every day, capital is invested to buy better tools and build better factories. So China produce a little more, everyday - and is therefore becoming richer over time. 慢慢来!

So perhaps you should drop the big picture and consider your own situation more. How could you become more productive? What is stopping you from starting your own business?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-3 19:38:42 |Display all floors
468259058 Post time: 2012-12-2 17:13
If China's currency would be high, the products made from China would have been expensive. Shares  ...

products in Japan, Germany and America are expensive, but people buy them because they are good products

if it is a choice, I would choose a good product, if the cheap version was likely to malfunction

but you are right, if it is a choice between low pay and no pay, I would choose low pay

but I still think workers in China deserve a greater share of the profits

maybe there is another way

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.