Author: expatter

Democracy the Most Important Thing?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-30 03:22:05 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-11-30 01:24
How interesting, but you and your family gives up every thing to purchase a green card for you.

I never had a green card... you dip-stick..
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 08:23:03 |Display all floors
The most important thing.......a liberal democracy. .that is how a group of people should organise themselves.

China has many problems.

The incestuous relationships of elites, Boards of State owned enterprises, party chiefs....the hall marks of crony capitalism . A self censoring scared media. The lack of transparencies, the over abundance of rumors , the general lack of trust.

A court and legal system that cannot keep pace, a health care system that is broken and under funded.

How to put it?   Fine if you are the 1%, not so fine if you are the 99%.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 09:19:49 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-30 02:57
Nah ......... !

Something weird  ...........
You post t shows then disappears  ...........

oh no it is "them" again!!

poor Smithi he will never be alone with Jesus

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2012-11-30 09:59:36 |Display all floors
You talk about the Arab Spring creating democracy but please look at the Egyptian case, they elect a new president who then votes himself grater powers, this is not democracy. Yo me it seems to be on the road to a new dictatorship.
Democracy can be a good thing but it is often miss managed.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 10:04:25 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2012-11-30 09:59
You talk about the Arab Spring creating democracy but please look at the Egyptian case, they elect a ...

nothing changed in Egypt of course, but nothing changed in US either.

Democracy is illusion, planet is prisoner of small wealthy group of people...........if managed well yes democracy can work i can agree witht that but do we have one example of democracy managed well?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 10:41:26 |Display all floors
SMITHI Post time: 2012-11-30 10:04
nothing changed in Egypt of course, but nothing changed in US either.

Democracy is illusion, plan ...

Every country has benefited.

The question should be reversed. Is there any country once democractic wants to go back to the bad old days?

Even Malaysia has benefited since 2008 when a stronger opposition emerged.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-30 10:43:33 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2012-11-30 09:59
You talk about the Arab Spring creating democracy but please look at the Egyptian case, they elect a ...

Egypt. You should not give up so easily.

The projection for Egypt is still up, with stronger democracy, more transparency, more accountability. The people is awake and not so easily put to sleep again.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.