Author: ttt222

Int'l Day for Elimination of Violence against Women marked in LatAm   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-27 04:29:13 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-27 04:26
OK .....

A rented house  ......

So are you saying that you would rather hold on to a house and suffer abuse than to leave and have things split up?

Have you ever experience domestic violence?

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-27 04:29:24 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-27 04:21
The number one reason why there is domestic violence in america.........parents!

Its learned behavi ...

Alchohol yes  ........ !

But not necessarily the parents as I believe many do not want to be as their parents  .........

That is why many in the west see themselves as different and independent ........  !

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 04:30:00 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-27 03:01
What do muslims have to do with women's equality in latin america?

Fenix, grb's question was to me because I posted a not relevant reply to his post...relax!

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-27 04:32:09 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2012-11-27 04:29
So are you saying that you would rather hold on to a house and suffer abuse than to leave and have ...

I didn't say that  ...........    !

I said that many people in a rented situation see a break-up as more pragmatic  ........  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 04:35:35 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-27 04:29
Alchohol yes  ........ !

But not necessarily the parents as I believe many do not want to be as t ...

Well that is exactly what my husband used to say when we first met.

His father was abusive and then his step-father was abusive and then another step-father that was abusive.

He hated them and didn't want to be anything like them.  I believed him and felt sorry for him.  He was beat as a kid.  He did not want to emulate the people he despised....but then he did just that.  Alcohol, the stresses of being in the military, being too young and married....it got the best of him.  Statistically, violence runs in families.  You have to break the cycle of abuse.

I got a chance to see my nephew from his side over the weekend.  He is a good kid trying hard to break the cycle in the family.  He traced alcoholism and domestic violence back in the family for over 8 generations.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 04:36:13 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-11-27 04:32
I didn't say that  ...........    !

I said that many people in a rented situation see a break-up  ...

I agree, it would be much easier to pick up and leave if you could take all your valuables with you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-27 04:42:00 |Display all floors
xcaliber Post time: 2012-11-27 04:36
I agree, it would be much easier to pick up and leave if you could take all your valuables with yo ...

No one cares about that stuff.  Seriously.

You guys must not know what it is like.  

I lived in a shelter for two months with my children before moving out.  My son had his first birthday in a shelter.  But none of us had to fear anything.  There was no yelling, getting thrown about the house, getting things thrown at you.  Hearing your children crying because they are scared.

Are you seriously going to worry about your material things?

Who thinks like this?

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.