Author: xuerengui

Thank you Al Jazzera and Russia Today, Fk off CNN   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-25 21:48:24 |Display all floors
Yeah If foreign news reports conflict with the CPC's news then clearly the foreign media is wrong.  There is a reason why China is one of the few countries to censor its media and hide information. Western media isn't homogenous. There are views from every political spectrum. What about this article? Thank you Al Jazeera?

http://www.aljazeera.com/program ... 06103528156681.html
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-25 21:53:13 |Display all floors
Al Jazeera's sole correspondent to China was the first to be expelled since 1998. Al Jazeera is quite accurate, hence the acrimony from the China.
I may disagree with what you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them
ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-25 21:54:04 |Display all floors
Her name was Melissa Chan.

ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-25 22:13:55 |Display all floors
xuerengui Post time: 2012-11-22 08:15
Re: col
The article dismissed the angry masses as merely manipulated by the politicians when the rea ...

The article states "the anger reflects a genuine, deeply felt indignation". Did you forget to read this part. It then says the protests were used by politicans.

The article points out that, in a country that can easily crush or prevent any protests from happening at all, a violent protest was allowed to occur with the CPC's consent. So it was clearly for political reasons.

Every authoritarian state needs an enemy to rouse nationalism and engender support for the rulers. In Nazi Germany there was the Kristallnacht protests, where the Jewish shopfronts were smashed etc. Oldest political trick in the book.

ignora

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-26 19:46:21 |Display all floors
You westerners are missing the point.  Try having a great auntie gang raped by the Japanese army at 14 and many of you relatives killed as civilians and get back on your high horse to bullshit about politics and freedom.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-26 19:47:49 |Display all floors
The Japanese army even did biological warfare experiment on pregnant women while keeping her in prisons.  This is horror movie stuff, its inhumane, its subhuman, it should never be forgotten.  We need apology and compensation, not Chinese bashing.

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor

Post time 2012-11-26 19:58:46 |Display all floors
xuerengui Post time: 2012-11-26 19:46
You westerners are missing the point.  Try having a great auntie gang raped by the Japanese army at  ...

Many Westerners were victims of torture and abuse by the Japanese. Chinese were not the only people to suffer at the hands of the Japanese army, but they certainly received the worst of it. The danger is that this anger among the general population, while understandable, can blind people and can be used by politicians for their own benefit.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.