Author: rainyweather

A volunteer is building an Utopia for kids from rural areas   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-9 13:58:05 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_6.jpg

"If I didn't take them here, the girls might get married soon after graduate from primary school." Zhou said. Girls said that it is pretty common that girls get married when they are 15 or 16 years old in their village in Guizhou. Boys might drop out of school and go to work in cities far from their hometown after graduation. That is why they all quite precious their studying opportunity here and work hard.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:08:37 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_7.jpg

Zhou sold his house and car, quitted his job and comfortable life to be a volunteer in a small village in Guizhou province. And then, he took 15 kids to Jiujiang county and take care of them and began to afford all of their fees. So his son had to give his life and fancy studying environment in Shenzhen and followed his father's steps to this small village.

At first, Zhou's decision was strongly opposed by his parents and his wife. No one can understand why he did so. The worst moment for him was that he almost got divorced with his wife. However, he insisted it. "I always feel like that I have responsibility for these kids, which drives me to keep going," he said.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:15:25 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_8.jpg

Gradually, Zhou not only gets his parents and wife's understanding, but also their support. His home is more than 10 kilometers from school. Normally, Zhou lives at school. He buys 10 bicycles for kids. Everyweekend, he takes kids to his home by bicyle. Once they arrive home, Zhou's parents have already prepared delicious meal for them. Zhou's wife has already prepared beds for them. More than 20 people have meal together. What a happy big family.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:29:18 |Display all floors
Commissar rainy weather!

This Mr. Zhou is an INFERIOR MINDED person!
Not very suitable to be located in Shenzen!
That's probably the CONCLUSION of most of the TALENTED people in the forum.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:31:21 |Display all floors
To whom it may concern!

Just READ CAREFULLY what Sargeant Major Laugh had to say about his American Citizens!
And you'll realized how INFERIOR thought patterns can become.
China grew fast out of SMART, INTELLIGENT minds.

not the INFERIOR.

Goodbye!

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 14:37:07 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_9.jpg

Zhou built a ball park for kids at school. He also bought basketball, volleyball and badminton for kids so that they can enjoy happy time every weekend.

Besides class, Zhou also teaches kids some Chinese traditional culture knowledge and calligraphy.

"Here it is just like a big family, we are really happy here," Zhu Meiyan, a 13 years old girl told journalists, "Mr Zhou treats us like his own kid, not only affording our living and studying expense, but also giving us
pocket money. Actually, we know Mr Zhou doesn't have much money."

Influenced by Zhou, Zhu Meiyan told journalists that most of these 15 kids are willing to come back home to be a teacher after they graduate.

They want to be a teacher as good as Zhou to change other kids' destiny by teaching them knowledge.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-9 15:02:08 |Display all floors
搜狗截图121109_10.jpg

It at least takes 80,000 RMB for 15 kids' living and studying expense per year. However, at this moment, Zhou's monthly salary is only 1000 RMB.

A journalist asks Zhou whether he has ever thought about what he is going to do if he can't afford it any more. "I have already prepared for the worst. I have another house. If necessary, I will sell it. If that is not enough, I will do farm work with kids by ourselves. No matter how hard it is, I will let children finish their school!" Zhou said firmly, "Their hometown is too poor. They don't deserve such fate-dropping out of school, then herding sheep, then getting married at a very early age and giving birth to babies. When their babies grow up, they will repeat their parents' destiny. They have to change their destiny by learning knowledge. I have responsbility to help them. "Zhou said.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.