Views: 25203|Replies: 57

How to love your country?   [Copy link] 中文

November's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-6 09:06:40 |Display all floors

Generally speaking, to be one citizen, he or she should love their country sincerely. But many people can’t understand clearly the meaning of the patriotism or the patriotic behavior.

Actually, not only in China, the people in other countries all over the world also have strong sense of patriotism, generally they would distinguish the patriotic and the politic, it means that they can love their country sincerely forever, but they are not necessarily to love the government of the country, it is one practical thought, the reason is very simple, the country is the place you were born and you live, everything here accompany with you grow up, including one grass, one wood and so on, the country’s culture teaches you everything, impact your future and your behavior deeply, so you will be full of emotion to the place, and the emotion is the love. But for the government or some party, people only can support it or oppose it, can’t say loving it. Because once the government work for the people’s better life sincerely, the people would support it firmly. oppositely, once the government only work for itself, indubitably people will hate it and oppose it.

So we advocate the public should love our country sincerely, but how to love it? Firstly, we conserve our good traditional moral and spread it largely, abandon our defect and bad habit. Secondly, we should conserve our culture and spread it constantly, including our language, our characters, the art, our custom, the rites and son on. The third, we should conserve the environment of the place we live in, conserve one grass and one wood here, because our next generation and the next generation of our next generation will also live here forever. Lastly, no matter what our country is not good, even though some unfairness, some corruption, some privilege exist badly in the society of the country, we should not betray it, we can oppose the government, express the dissatisfaction to the government as much as we like.
Positive, optimistical, easy-going

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-11-7 12:05:09 |Display all floors
I totally agree. I love my country but not what's become. Unbridled capitalism is ruining the USA.
The super-rich elite own this country and are totally obsessed becoming even richer.
The promise of the president elected in 1980 was that if we coddle the rich their wealth will trickle
down to the rest of us. It simply doesn't happen that way. If you coddle the rich the only thing that
happens is they get richer at the expense of everyone else.
This chart bears this out.

Figure 3.jpg

If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 14:25:17 |Display all floors
well said, I am not a political clown .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 19:50:03 |Display all floors
How to love your country?

Don't be anti-[other countries] be pro-[your country].

For example: Don't be anti-Japan for something that happened ~70 years ago, be pro better quality of life for your fellow citizens.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 21:00:15 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked
Writer's real name is Lau Guan Kim.  lau_guan_kim is for commentary and analysis. He writes also under another alter ego jinseng. I will respond to good reasoned debate. Mudslingers shall be ignored. What I do not like are ignorance, stupidity, chauvinism and bigotry. The other party has as much right as I have until it resorts to insults and nuisance.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 21:52:16 |Display all floors
Preserve the best, and still progress. Money is only a tool, reputation is only shoes to walk in.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 22:36:04 |Display all floors
Buy a poppy.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.