Author: abramicus

China and Japan Have No Choice But to Fight   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-4 22:52:15 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-4 17:40
The Japanese can think what they wish to think. If the issue of sovereignty over the Dioayu Islan ...

WHO WILL WIN?

Unfortunately, the fact is that China is outgunned and outmanned at sea.  In Vietnam, the reverse is the case.  China cannot win a tactical war over Diaoyudao, especially one that involves invasion, counter-invasion, and counter-counter-invasion, because with each move, China loses ships, sailors, planes, and pilots.  Missing one element, defeat is inevitable.  The Japanese MSDF is about one half the size of the PLAN, but it is backed up by the Seventh Fleet, which makes the PLAN look like a local college team playing against professional NBA.  Replacement capacity on the Japanese side is no less than China's at this point.  Japan is hoping to transition into a military economy, as it has been beaten on trade by China, which makes perfect sense for its struggling economy.  

Why do you think the PLA is sure to win in a fight over Diaoyudao?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 00:11:19 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-4 17:40
The Japanese can think what they wish to think. If the issue of sovereignty over the Dioayu Islan ...

So, war rat or mouse?

Look like a mouse, talk like a war rat......

But you are neither.

You are 21 century opium merchant of death in the form of Heartland Institute
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 02:58:37 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-11-4 21:52
WHO WILL WIN?

Unfortunately, the fact is that China is outgunned and outmanned at sea.  In Vietna ...

Did I say a sure win for the PLA? This is what I have said:

Japan shall be entering a war which is completely different from WW2. For a start, China is a very different opponent now. Japan has no other smaller countries to conquer first for the raw materials it needs to continue its fight. This fight is certainly not a one-sided affair. If anything goes, this fight is to be short and  decisive with maximun damages on both sides, but the victor would be the one with the lesser sustained losses. China will not and should not let history to repeat itself at any cost!!!
Note:
Thus, according to your logic, China should stand aside to allow the Dioayu Islands to be taken over by the Japanese? That is the best course of action for the PLA to take in your views?

FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 05:08:10 |Display all floors

RE: China and Japan Have No Choice But to Fight

abramicus Post time: 2012-11-4 21:52
WHO WILL WIN?

Unfortunately, the fact is that China is outgunned and outmanned at sea.  In Vietna ...

On the other hand, what makes you think that the PLA cannot win the fight over Dioayu?  Remember, there is no such thing as a perfect war!  What you don't see does not mean it's not there.
FIRST NATIONS ( LAKOTA PEOPLE ) Heartbreaking - (Google Search for video) "to stay true to who you are. Never allow anyone make you different or think different about what it is you are created to be ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 05:08:55 |Display all floors
sansukong Post time: 2012-11-5 02:58
Did I say a sure win for the PLA? This is what I have said:

Note:

Do you believe that the PLA will win, that is take over and maintain position in Diaoyudao in the face of a counterattack by Japan?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 05:28:50 |Display all floors

RE: China and Japan Have No Choice But to Fight

abramicus Post time: 2012-11-5 04:08
Do you believe that the PLA will win, that is take over and maintain position in Diaoyudao in the  ...

What makes you so convinced that the PLA would not gained possession of Dioayu Islands and keep them for good? You know something  and not telling?  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-5 05:34:08 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-11-5 04:08
Do you believe that the PLA will win, that is take over and maintain position in Diaoyudao in the  ...
Do you believe that the PLA will win ......

I am almost certain that the PLA will lose only if it does not put up a fight.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.