Author: Labradorite

Greece’s Extreme Right Strengthens as Economy Sinks   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-31 03:10:07 |Display all floors
expatter Post time: 2012-10-31 02:15
Now that is a forum  ..........  !

Both your good self and 'The Hermit' are making a great discus ...

Oh we thank you!
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 03:15:25 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-10-31 03:15
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-30 20:17
There's no need to quote more than this...

Typical Greek, doesn't like the truth! Here is another truth yer dunce. I know your type, you try a dodgy argument and when that fails, you resort to insult. Folks like you have limited everything. Take yourself away from the keyboard but not before reading the below!

In the other challenge, Conservative MP Stewart Jackson will demand European migrants should only be allowed entry if they have a job offer, no criminal record, are in good health and will not claim any benefits for 18 months, He will also ask MPs to back his Bill tomorrow.

No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 03:18:54 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-10-30 08:10
It is not just the Greeks George...

Have you considered what will happen to the UK economy if any ...

The UK economy will take a hit but not as much as Germany, France, Cyprus, Italy...

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-31 03:26:05 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-10-31 03:18
The UK economy will take a hit but not as much as Germany, France, Cyprus, Italy...

you are such a great economist
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 04:06:19 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-10-31 02:09
Since I am not privy to the decision making processes, I can only use what is in the public domain. ...

There is no need for inside knowledge....we are witnessing two similar sets of circumstances in the one we say quantitative easing is good and the more the better. It stimulates the economy and provides badly needed growth which will help pay off the deficit...

But when others try to do the same we shout "CAUTION...PRUDENCE!!!!!...you cannot spend more than you earn... pay off your debts first.... and yes it will hurt but you deserve it.......... you spendthrift bastard".

So you see there is no logic to choosing one and not the other.... only double standards. I choose what is good for myself.... and what is bad for everyone else.

So who gains and who loses with the euro. Prior to its adoption one would have to change currency at every border within the EU, so the money-changers were very happy as they charged a fee and also made a profit on the exchange rate. The money-changers must have therefore been plotting its demise right from the word go.....

The introduction of the euro pleased the citizen of the EU..... he could draw money in Paris and could use that money along the way to the furthest reaches of the Med. No exchange rate to worry about or fees to pay.

But going back to the inception of the euro....one "expert" after the other are saying "It is the embodiment of stupidity...a common currency without a common economic policy was bound to fail". That may well be true now...... but the euro was planned along side an economic and political union with its own constitution and common taxation laws.

So as you can see the ones responsible for the problems now are the ones who supported the creation of a common currency but vetoed everything else in the hope that the project failed.

My argument at the time of its (euro) creation was that one cannot have a currency without an army to support it.......But the Europeans planned for that as well!! A common defense force was on the cards beginning with a united French and German force....... Only that would not do.... as it would have undermined the importance of NATO........ hence the plans were shelved.

I am not an apologist for the Greeks and to a large extend I believe that they deserve to be punished, if for nothing else for being so stupid as to vote for corrupt politicians.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 04:13:29 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-10-31 03:18

Germany, France, Spain, and Italy still have an industrial base with an expert workforce and know-how that the rest of the world envies.
Cyprus will have to...... snuggle up to Russia who will see it through the bad times, until the gas fields are developed.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 05:34:51 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-10-31 06:10
xilaren Post time: 2012-10-31 03:26
you are such a great economist

and you are Archimedes! Lookee here my freeeeend, were I you, I'd be trying to hide under a bushel not throw sarky comments:) Look what fine job your brilliant economists have done up to date, eh?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.