Author: Labradorite

Greece’s Extreme Right Strengthens as Economy Sinks   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-30 09:05:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by LCSULLA at 2012-10-30 09:13
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-30 08:09
The Greeks in general have no sense because some of us are calling Angela Merkel a Nazi and some of ...

The Eurozone brought the south low interests and cheap money.
WouldN't have become a problem if that had been seized for genuine investments and increasing productivity.
(Which happened in some small parts of Italy now benefitting from it, so it was a choice.)
It was used instead for debt financed consumption.
OK, so now gotta find a way to deal with that, rather than looking for some blame.
Politicians and Investors from several german states had made trips to greece looking for opportunities to invest,
to cooperate with greek enterpreneurs, etc.
Not a single application has been processed by greek gouvernments since, hardly a business climate where further capital injections to "help the economy" would do anything substatntial and sustainable.
Get Officials to accomodate business rather than corruption,
make do with merkel.
To be blatantly honest, Peer from the SPD is not going to be any more lenient.
Guess what, he's a finance guy, and he was Merkel's last Ministre of Finance.
her potential successor from within the CDU?
No financial concessions to be expected, as the name says, McAllister is a Scotsman.

As for Reperations, forget about them, they were paid in full by Germany, but missalocated by greek embassy staff.
(Dein Maul zu halten, Der Spiegel 43/1952)

As for Asylum Seekers, Countries with EU outer borders were left alone with them,
while moralising Attorneys in Strasburg who didn't need to face the problems told them they couldn't do this or that with them.
Crappy Situuation for such Countries as Greece or Finland, that's given.
Now at least something happened in that regard.

As for the dreadful images,
the damages are most of the time visible to be fresh from the stuff taking place.
If the molotov cocktail throwing competitions were permanent state,
the viewer would see that in completely different background images of the settings.
So yeah. Happens, but not permanent state.
您买象牙 - 您杀了大象!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjU1Nzg0NDky.html - “用现代文明标准比划中国人,是严重的种族歧视行为。”
„Ich ficke wo, wen, und wann ich will, hast du mich verstanden. Auch du könntest ficken, aber du kannst es ja gar nicht, deine deutsche Genauigkeit... verbietet es dir“. Jean-Claude Juncker

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 14:20:54 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2012-10-30 08:10
It is not just the Greeks George...

Have you considered what will happen to the UK economy if any ...

We're making a lot of cars again now even though Ford have just dealt us a blow in the south- east.  

Recessions are nothing new and even this one isn't the biggest we've had-we survived and so will Capitalism.

Everybody was encouraged to live beyond their means for about a decade now we're paying the price for it.

Your Asain economies have had rapid growth but that was from a very low base and 100's of millions are still in abject poverty so leys put it in perspective.

i expect some rebalancing of our economy with manufacturing coming back as costs rise in the east.

Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 14:49:56 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2012-10-30 14:20
We're making a lot of cars again now even though Ford have just dealt us a blow in the south- east ...

I hope you are right....... but with a distinct lack of skills, high energy prices, and falling education standards, the competition out there for manufacturing will be fierce.

Ford's decision to shift production from Belgium to Spain is characteristic of what one should expect. Furthermore other countries can offer incentives like lower taxes etc, but the UK has one of the lowest tax burdens in the industrialized world.....there is little scope there.
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 19:46:13 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-10-30 19:46
St_George Post time: 2012-10-30 06:33
Its no good them asking Wonga.com for a loan at about 4000% APR.

Unless there's a write-off of a  ...

ha ha Wonga might cut then a deal, 378.99 APR! Let them sink......a message that irresponsible behaviour will be rewarded is wrong. They sunk so much money into the Athen olympics and metro system that Greeks travelled on free of charge.....sinking will do them some good. Yes, some banksters might sink with them
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 19:53:59 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-10-30 20:11
TheHermit Post time: 2012-10-30 06:43
What we are witnessing is the breakdown of society....western culture itself. When parents have to ...

It is now like developing world, the politicians, their banker friends and the oligarchs are ok, as they keep getting rich. They threw the rest to the wolves,  expand to the East, no problem. Never mind that there is great disparity with East and the effect it will have.

It is silly, EU will expand into Croatia or somewhere like that next. Soon Albania and on it gies. Who is making these decisions?
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 20:08:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2012-10-30 20:10
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-30 08:09
The Greeks in general have no sense because some of us are calling Angela Merkel a Nazi and some of ...

Thank you for the attempt to rewrite history!

No, this is not carefully selected image. This is the reality on the ground in Greece. We know this because various Western journalists in Greece have written about it. Never mind the Greeks penchant of blaming Albanians for everything. Your attempt to rewrite history fails on that account.

The North making what? '''''''' Blame the folks that made it possible to marginally develop once shipping trade was diminished. We all know how Greece was lavished with money by the EU and we all know how Greeks awarded themselves silly pay hikes, failed to pay taxes and generally fiddled and fiddled. But no, blame it on the world and not on fecklessness of the Greek nation.

No, I think these Greeks are rude and there is no forgiving the rudeness shown towards Madam Merkel.

Now, the Greeks can default and watch their country sink below Albania in global standing. You know why your argument is unconvincing? Where are the decent Greeks people rioting and confronting Golden Dawn……..unless you want to convince me that they are too hungry to protest

Lastly yes, point of entry country keeps immigrants but it is settled that these cladenstines scurries to iher countries that Greece, Italy. Anyhoo, shall I point out the the Greeks that fled Greece for UK, US, Australia, Germany? My ex gf for a start fled Thessaloniki in 2000 and she said then, Greece is finished!

I know Greeks are racist as I listened to her mates indulge in racist chats all the time and if in Doubt, look for Taki papadoupoulos or something. He is reknowned for mocking everyone but luckily he has disappeared into a hole since Greece had this bit of bother

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-30 20:09:22 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-10-30 20:24
LCSULLA Post time: 2012-10-30 09:05
The Eurozone brought the south low interests and cheap money.
WouldN't have become a problem if tha ...
WouldN't have become a problem if that had been seized for genuine investments and increasing productivity.

This is supposing that the northern countries didn't know how the sourthern countries functioned. The only possible reality is that they knew what the effects of this would be, they knew that giving them easy money would help the economies of the north while it would sink the economies of the south. Any other reality is a bit naive in my opinion.

OK, so now gotta find a way to deal with that, rather than looking for some blame.

Didn't look for anyone to blame, Greece has its own faults and they are many but this doesn't negate the fact that the Eurozone is structured to benefit the north.

Politicians and Investors from several german states had made trips to greece looking for opportunities to invest,
to cooperate with greek enterpreneurs, etc.
Not a single application has been processed by greek gouvernments since, hardly a business climate where further capital injections to "help the economy" would do anything substatntial and sustainable.

This is propaganda bullshit, don't mention it ever again. Use critical thinking next time to understand what is propaganda and what is not.
As for Reperations, forget about them, they were paid in full by Germany, but missalocated by greek embassy staff.
(Dein Maul zu halten, Der Spiegel 43/1952)

This is not true, the matter of the reperations was never settled. Actually several Greek officials have said after their terms that they've been told by German officials to shut up about it if Greece wants to remain in the Europe ship. So, i'll call that blackmail not payment of war reperations. Anyway it doesn't matter because it doesn't negate the war loan that was never paid back. The war loan is calculated to be 60+ billion euros and is undisputable.

Anyway... Europe hasn't changed course, the course of capital transfer from south to north still remains, this is a course that's making Greece sink and Germany sell negative bonds, not have much losses in productivity in the current global recesion etc etc. That's what the memorandum that's attached to the current loans that the north has given to Greece is doing, it's all about austerity and selling of Greek assets. This is only the way to bleed our country dry this isn't the way to progress. AND for this are responsible both the Germans and our politicians who have accepted this. When Syriza comes to power Syriza will attempt to change this, it will not be easy but trying is the only option.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.