Author: cd_moderator

China says no concession on territorial sovereignty [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-31 16:13:23 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2012-10-31 13:16
CHINA IS ON THE RIGHT PATH - THERE IS NO RETURNING TO THE STATUS QUO ANTE OF LETTING JAPAN EXERCISE ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 16:15:11 |Display all floors
Bandito Post time: 2012-10-30 20:10
If you are convinced that you did, how can I disagree with you? Celebrate away........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 16:18:22 |Display all floors
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-10-30 15:21
How does it feel to live with self-delusion?

The Russians have to give back NOTHING. The former U ...
Result: they got nothing.  I don't see any return of even the Shikotan and Habomai group, not to talk about Kunashiri and Etorofu. I see it more as a game the Russians are playing with Japan

that is true, Russia passed that stage and as far as Russia is concerned there is no issue regarding Kuril and yes Russia often use islands as a game to lure Japan in some commercial contracts.
win win situation i say

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-31 18:52:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-10-31 18:55
satsu_jin Post time: 2012-10-30 15:21
How does it feel to live with self-delusion?

The Russians have to give back NOTHING. The former U ...
The former USSR already offered to return Shikotan and the Habomai islets but Japan wanted EVERYTHING. Result: they got nothing.

This isn't like me offering you half the cake and you denying it and then naturally me eating all of it, that's not the way the world works, that's not the way diplomacy works. Democratically ellected governments often cannot make concessions, especially if they don't have wide-spread popularity in their country. If there's no agreement then this doesn't mean that one country (for example: the one that outrageously decides to make a military base on the place) gets to have it all, this means that the issue remains unresolved. The issue can be resolved when there's a democratically ellected government with the guts to say that they'll get less than what the people want in order to resolve the issue once and for all. I know for nationalistic idiots this is difficult to understand but do me the favour of trying, yes? :)

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal

Post time 2012-11-1 19:46:44 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-31 19:52
This isn't like me offering you half the cake and you denying it and then naturally me eating all  ...
  1. The issue can be resolved when there's a democratically ellected government with the guts to say that they'll get less than what the people want in order to resolve the issue once and for all. I know for nationalistic idiots this is difficult to understand but do me the favour of trying, yes? :)
Copy code
I believe you're a bit away-with-the fairies.  Japan, and trust me, I know this country from inside to outside, as a so called democracy is unable and unwilling to solve any territorial issue. In so far Japan is a very good example that democracy does not help to solve problems. I could give you many examples but this is not the BBS to do so.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-2 13:31:50 |Display all floors
JAPAN IS CURRENTLY UNABLE TO EXERCISE ANY JURISDICTION, LET ALONE ANY SOVEREIGNTY, OVER CHINA'S DIAOYUDAO

Ever since the Japanese government officially declared its "nationalization" of China's Diaoyudao, the Chinese government has stepped up its patrolling of Diaoyudao.  Since October 1, 2012, China has been patrolling these island on a daily basis.   Japan previous routine of harrassing or ramming Chinese vessels with a bang, has now been reduced to the whimper of its propellers trying to outrun the Chinese marine surveillance vessels ordering them away from Diaoyudao.  

The 'Tiger of Malaya' has turned into the 'Kitten of Diaoyudao' under the stern and watchful eyes of the Chinese dragon.

Indeed, Japan's empire fittingly ends with a whimper at the same spot from whence it began with a bang in 1895, on the peaceful, beautiful island of Diaoyudao.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.