Author: vincent01

Photos: The American dream of Chinese immigrants   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-24 14:01:23 |Display all floors
1.jpg

In Changle, Lianjiang, Fujian Province, hundreds of people go overseas in nearly every village. Only the elderly are left behind in the village. Great Wall Restaurant is a microcosm of the century-old history of Chinese immigrants. Recent years have witnessed the decline of illegal immigrants and the increase of legal upstart immigration.

Use magic tools Report

Gold Medal September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-24 14:47:57 |Display all floors
hehe...
our life is full of sunshine

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 14:50:13 |Display all floors
good

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 15:24:30 |Display all floors
They are working as if they are going to live for 1000 years and also worry enough for a 1000 years. We obviously need better life for us and our kids but i would not pay such a price for better standard of life. And that too has to be separate from your children and then miss them. Any logic???

Life is about making it meaningful and your time on earth more worth to yourself and other people around you. After all money is not all that we need. We work for money and spoil our health and then spend the money to regain health. Any logic??

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 16:07:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 17:03:13 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-24 16:07
Expensive  dreams and no brains. If they would put the same working house in China, they would be 10 ...

China is turn to more prospective and developed than before.but acctually there still have sums of people struggle their life in the bottom level.Mostly they from montainous villeges or rural towns.Like farmer labors came into big cities join to constractive industry...If you were bron in a villege or even from imroverished backgrounds and neither had been to college.
I'm confusion why any foreigner from USA or CAN to china to be a english teacher can get more than 10 grands pay?how come?compare with other side-thousands of chinese brand university students get CET6,8 certifications run to apply for a sale's position  in US's cruise shop only pay 1000more dollars.
I heard they called us the 3rd contry's labors.
I love China and hometown

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 17:29:17 |Display all floors
Life of illegal immigrants is really so hard and full of desperation - I can't help but pitty them.

Expensive  dreams and no brains. If they would put the same working house in China, they would be 10 times better off by now and close to their families.

True - if you invest the money needed for illegal immigration into opening a restaurant in China, you might be better off than if you work as a waiter in the US. However, not everyone has the ability, the emotional maturity and the knowledge needed to open a business... and earning 3000 Dollars in the US as a migrant worker is still better than earning 300 Dollars as a worker in China.
In most cases, people don't start a business in China and choos migration out of fear - fear that they might fail. So they migrate to big cities or even abroad, leave their families behind and load inhuman emotional burdens upon their shoulders.

I'm confusion why any foreigner from USA or CAN to china to be a english teacher can get more than 10 grands pay?how come?compare with other side-thousands of chinese brand university students get CET6,8 certifications run to apply for a sale's position  in US's cruise shop only pay 1000more dollars.

Supply and demand. If you pay a foreigner even less, he'll choose to stay at home or work at another school and you don't get a teacher.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.