Author: Diggit

Would you choose to live with your parents to take better care of them?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-23 19:53:07 |Display all floors
live "with" them in a HOUSE, not apartment, seperate flat-entrances, not sharing kitchens and bathrooms=OK.
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 22:13:50 |Display all floors
lionstar Post time: 2012-10-23 19:53
live "with" them in a HOUSE, not apartment, seperate flat-entrances, not sharing kitchens and bathro ...

the premise is you have so large house to  meet your above requirements.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 22:29:15 |Display all floors
Diggit Post time: 2012-10-23 22:13
the premise is you have so large house to  meet your above requirements.

a 2 storey-HOUSE total 300 sqm is OK "containing" 4 to 5 even 6 people...right?
some day Jiangsu will rule China

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-23 23:54:09 |Display all floors
raton Post time: 2012-10-23 19:33
Chinese similarities, Greek families have always depended on grandparents for helping to raise the ...

you do not have your parents in order to raise your children only .You have them because you love them and you want to give them company.If you want to have them only to raise your children you can have them in a different house or live in their houses and take the children there or have them as visitors.All the above situations may happen.
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2012-10-24 00:05:55 |Display all floors
No,

My Father lives alone in his house he is nearly 90.

Fortunately he is able to look after himself very well, AND still drives

However, if or when the time comes he can't look after himself we will make sure he goes in to a decent Old Peoples Home.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 00:52:17 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 00:59:01 |Display all floors
haha, this is great. I have had a lot of discussions with my parents on this topic at home ............

I asked them the question "why didn't they choose to live together with my grandparents" ............ they all live in the same county ........... emotionally they are close to each other ........... but they don't like the idea of living together ...... personality clashes under one roof can be quite destructive ........ both my parents and their parents are quite indepdent type of persons ......... once they get together for a long time, they argue ....... Looks like the practical solution  (they have already done this) is to keep them at certain distance while maintaining contact (buying food, medical care, shopping etc).

So I asked my parents "Consider this type of relationship between you and your parents, how do you expect the relationship between you and me will develop"? .......... the general agreement is they accept that I am living far away ........ i talk to them frequently on the phone ...... I provide solutions to their problems ....... once in a while I visit them. they are happy so am I .........

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.