Views: 36763|Replies: 34

How to learn Chinese for a beginner with a professional mandarin teacher?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-19 16:18:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by jackie_89 at 2012-10-19 16:20

I am learning Chinese Mandarin,but I find it difficult for me to learn it,even I have a private tutor to help me,

can anybody give me some advice about how to learn Chinese, what should I do?

If somebody pleasure to tell me, I 'll be grateful for them.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 16:25:02 |Display all floors
I studied Chinese for 8 months at a university in China, my progress was slow and frustrating. I guess this is probably because of the Chinese teaching style.

Once i gave up studying at the university and started work, i met many Chines people. I took every opportunity i could to talk with them, listen to them, learn from them. Learning became more natural. Learning from experience, from my environment, from my friends.

I felt that this worked well for my speaking and listening.

As for writing... I wish I had a way to learn to write better... my writing is terrible! 但是我打字还行,所以我阅读不是这么差,只是要用笔写字非常难。
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-19 17:17:50 |Display all floors
学 习 汉语 要多看,多练,如 过 每天都认认地 练,不要一百年 汉语说 的 好.Ι hope what I wrote is correct and not make the chinese of the forum laugh
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-19 17:27:23 |Display all floors
daniel_hs_walsh Post time: 2012-10-19 16:25
I studied Chinese for 8 months at a university in China, my progress was slow and frustrating. I gue ...

I will disagree with you that the way of teaching chinese in the university is slow.Apart from my own experience I know very well from my son's .I can say exactly the opposite.The programme is so fast and demanding that the students is difficult to assimilate easily.Learning about 50 new words in chinese every day it is really too much not only for me who I am not a young student but even for my my son who has got a very good memory and he is easy with learning.
Of course practising with the local people is a very effective combination .
I really    love China,半个 中国 人

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-20 06:46:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by lnjiajia at 2012-10-20 07:03

This article make me think about to how to learn english?I tread englishas atumateur to learn  from school time to worktime.I like reading short articles , listen to english songs,pop music ,watch movies and speak out sometimes.I never took time recite vocabulories , phrases,or articles.But recent 4 months I pay attention to study english,bucause of a task.It' s a tough way from a lay man turn to a professional english speaker.The worst hardest thing is the problem of phrase sequence.I always confusion how to made sentence and arragement the sequence of the words, is anyone can tell me the scret of learning english more effective and helpful? Thanks very much I need some support!
I love China and hometown

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-20 07:23:14 |Display all floors
lnjiajia Post time: 2012-10-20 06:46
This article make me think about to how to learn english?I tread englishas atumateur to learn  from  ...
is anyone can tell me the scret of learning english more effective and helpful?

Here are some practical tips:
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-792921-1-1.html

.... and what to avoid:
http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-793818-1-1.html

Use magic tools Report

Medal of honor September's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-20 11:12:53 |Display all floors
May I know how long have you been learning Mandarin and how many hours per week do you usually spend in private tutor lessons?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.