My tears for chenyuan .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 13:43:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 15:27:45 |Display all floors
NE_Tigress Post time: 2012-10-18 22:45
Florida man dies after winning roach-eating contest

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/10/09/us/florida-ro ...

LOL:, Yes, some foreigners died of fortune as well.  Cause I care about more about my people, that's why I post it here.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 15:43:24 |Display all floors
One of my friends ex-girlfriends worked in a KTV selling bottles of beer, to increase sales, the sellers (all young attractive women)would challenge the customers to drinking games and competitions. The mostly male customers would always oblige. Also, the customers would agree to buy more bottles of beer if the pretty girls would agree to have a drink with them.

The result was that she would be drunk every night, 6 nights a week, she probably drank 70-100 pints of beer a week easily.

Her salary was a lot higher then the average worker in Nanning, but as an unskilled, under educated person, she felt she had no choice but to do this type of work.
Mr. Daniel Walsh (BEng/工学学士, MSc/理学硕士)

E-Mail/电子邮箱: daniel_hs_walsh@hotmail.com
LinkedIN Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/danielhswalsh

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 16:51:11 |Display all floors
desperado123 Post time: 2012-10-19 15:27
LOL:, Yes, some foreigners died of fortune as well.  Cause I care about more about my people, that ...

So that guy is only "some foreigners", while the girl represents all of "your" people?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 19:59:53 |Display all floors
daniel_hs_walsh Post time: 2012-10-19 17:43
One of my friends ex-girlfriends worked in a KTV selling bottles of beer, to increase sales, the sel ...
she probably drank 70-100 pints of beer a week easily.

sounds like BS

let's say it is 4% alcohol (weak). A pint is 568 mL. That makes 2 standard units of alcohol (ie 20 grams) per pint.

basically, if she is drinking 10 pints, even of weak beer, this is 20 standard units, which is equivalent to a full 750 mL bottle of spirits (vodka, whiskey or tequila).

there is no way she is telling the truth.

(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 20:05:33 |Display all floors
Everynowhere Post time: 2012-10-19 01:26
If you'd offer me 500 € per glass, I'd also drink 10 glasses of wine. But I don't see why such a  ...

If the glass of wine was measured in Western terms, then maybe this is true, because 10 glasses would be 10 units of alcohol, which is basically one bottle of wine and a glass or two.

There is no way that would kill an average person, but it would cause a serious hangover in a drinker and make a non-drinker violently ill for a day or two.

Also, wine glasses differ in size. A burgundy glass of red wine filled to the brim is much much more than a white wine glass.
(beast ex machina)

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.