Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-11-6 17:02:28 |Display all floors
95 - good
Millenium - fail
XP - good
Vista - fail
7 - good
8 - what You expect?

I'm still with WinXP.SP3 on my private old netbook (I love that little white bastard!).

___

Last week I decided not to buy new computer, but "refresh" my old friend.
General cleaning, change of USB sockets, screen, and 2 new batteries costed me less then half of the price of cheapest "reasonable" netbook on the market.
As a communication device, portable player, etc. it is still good for me.

Btw. Another options was 10" netbook (Asus or Samsung), or Chinese 10" tablet with Android 4.0, "apple level" display, and 64GB additional memory card.

(for "serious activity" I have full-size company notebook)

I never ever considered to buy iThings. My friend uses small Apple netbook, and despite "nice and easy" functionality (He is non-technological type of Homo Sapiens) - he hates it. Beacuse of software policy.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-6 17:07:02 |Display all floors
Actually Windows 8 is dead on delivery .

A no hopper memory hog.
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 14:37:30 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2012-11-6 17:07
Actually Windows 8 is dead on delivery .

A no hopper memory hog.

Why do the new MacBook Pros have a yellow tint on the LCD screen?  Nothing is white: everything looks tannish.  What's up with this?  Is Mac trying to push defective stuff on us?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-8 16:49:56 |Display all floors
galactic.surfer Post time: 2012-11-8 14:37
Why do the new MacBook Pros have a yellow tint on the LCD screen?  Nothing is white: everything lo ...

why you need a Mac Book pro unless you are a millionaire?
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-14 21:33:09 |Display all floors
Dear China,

Microsoft has just fired the executive who was responsible for creating Windows 8: Steven Sinofsky.  It may be that Microsoft has come to the conclusion that Windows 8 is the biggest software failure in human history.  So, they may perhaps revert back to Windows 7.  So, it may be that the window of opportunity for China to make their own domestic operating system and dominate the world with it is limited now.  Microsoft is perhaps concerned that China will take the number one spot in providing the world with an operating system.  So, China should hurry up and build their own operating system before their window of opportunity is lost.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 18:30:13 |Display all floors
Anyone here owns a Windows 8?   Anyone bought a Lenovo Windows 8?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-12-14 18:50:59 |Display all floors
I think China should just contribute to developing Ubuntu.  Improve upon the GUI and help make it more compatible with all the hardware out there.  Ubuntu can be as great as Firefox, and it will be free, thus finally putting Windows into the dustbin.

Macintosh on the other hand seem to be extremely over-charging for their laptops.  Is there any legit reason for their laptops to cost 2.5 times more than other brands like Samsung, when the specs are the same?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.