Author: Zeolite

Windows 8 is Pure Garbage and a Complete Failure   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-18 06:13:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Zeolite at 2012-10-18 06:16

Microsoft has effectively committed suicide.  Makes me wonder if it was intentional - perhaps Bill Gates wants to leave the PC industry and just stick with tablets.  I foresee multibillion dollar lawsuits against him, since most of the world depends on Windows.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-18 10:48:48 |Display all floors
You need some MOJO!.jpg

Commander Austin Powers adds

"The world might see 3 operating systems. One by the Europeans - Frenchies obviously with their LINUS open source system, the Chinese with the "LOONG SOMETHING", probably open sourced too, and the Americans with the MSN-INTEL system.

That leaves the BRITISH, ASIAN TRADE ROUTE STATES busy with INTERFACING SOFTWARE industry so that all three systems can TALK TO EACH OTHER.

COOL BABY!
THAT'S MOJO for you.

RIM and BLACKBERRY is already working to see how'd we tap into the market"

Another expose by MI-6.

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 12:31:44 |Display all floors
I hope China creates the world's best operating system for PC.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-19 13:43:37 |Display all floors
Franticfrank Post time: 2012-10-16 17:48
I do not think it is a big failure - such a new and innovative system needs time to mature. Sure, it ...

It may be good for tablets, but I believe it is taking 20 years backwards for PCs.  It is very user-unfriendly, most of the customization features are removed, it is harder and more time-consuming to move about, and the mouse is being sujugaged for pretend touch screen on laptops that use mouse, not touch screen.  

Microsoft believes that laptop PCs will soon become obsolete, but how many people find it easy to watch high def movies/shows, play video games, write papers on Microsoft Office, use advanced programs like Photoshop and media editors, and so forth on the 10 inch weak tablets?  I think, and I assume most would think it would be very hard.  PCs will never become obsolete; sure, the large bulky towers most likely will, but not laptop PCs.  So, I think Microsoft needs to separate PC operating system from tablet one.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 11:58:34 |Display all floors
You need some MOJO!.jpg

Commander Austin smiles

"The CPU chip is gaining by leaps and bounds due to the architecture and capability of the FABS. With 3-D architecture and nanonization, FABS and CHIP DESIGN houses are able to make more capable CPU'S.

It's only a matter of time, whereas TABLETS gain bigger screens <remember FLAT SCREEN TV'S> and due to LOWER PRICES, easy access by consumers. With OPEN SOURCED software, EU, British, Chinese, ATRS and even US consumer support, it'll make the PC, Notebook, Laptop obsolete for most application with exception of probably OFFICE applications.

MSN, INTEL will become DINASOURS just like what IBM faced when it didn't develop the PC market"

Cheerios!

Green DRagon
Home Guards

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 23:41:13 |Display all floors
Bill Gates should just sell Windows 8 to the chincs: they have no class and only buy crap anyway.  They get so excited just because something is made in the West!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-27 11:52:09 |Display all floors
totally unrealistic: chinese are genetically uncapable to do anything original.  they will instead just steal windows 7 code, make some superficial changes, and then rename it Ching Chong Ding Dong computer system number one.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.