Author: macanese

The real reason America used nuclear weapons against Japan   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-23 22:10:43 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-10-23 23:21
lebeast Post time: 2012-10-18 16:45
little edisonone is another closet racist, living in his carefully exclusive china town in Canada,  ...
dropping the bomb on Japan was a quick and utilitarian method of ending Japanese militarism. Unpleasant, yes, but the bushido code left little option.

The American propaganda is strong in you.

Sure, it wasn't about racism like some say BUT it wasn't because some generals took a big calculator and crunched the numbers and it seemed better for overall loss of life to drop the bombs (like American propaganda says) either.

It was a show of force, a way to stop the USSR advance, and a test because they didn't know the effects on humans. The Americans should have been convicted war criminals if there was any actual justice in the world, but war criminals are deemed only the loosers of wars, that's how blind the international justice actually is.

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-23 22:48:00 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-23 22:10

The Japanese unit 731 used thousands of Chinese for human experiments  .........

Under the American occupation the members of unit 731 were never prosecuted ...........  

They went free  .............     

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-23 23:17:49 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-10-23 23:20
expatter Post time: 2012-10-23 22:48
The Japanese unit 731 used thousands of Chinese for human experiments  .........

Under the Americ ...

Finally, something that we can agree about!   Though still it's irrelevant to this topic and thous a straw man argument. Who would expect a strawman argument from expatter, very unexpected huh? :)

Use magic tools Report

Medal Medal of honor Gold Medal July's Best Writer 2012 October's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-10-23 23:29:53 |Display all floors
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-23 23:17
Finally, something that we can agree about!   Though still it's irrelevant to this topic and thous  ...

Well  ............   !

Thankfully we are not married to each other  ...........  

So your nagging is of little worth or even point  .........   

You are welcome to call me a 'Straw-man' as I am very happy not to be one of the 'Three-Stooges' such as yourself  ..........

Call it down on yourself  ...........  

Ishkabbible  ............      

Ta ta ! .........  

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left  -   Oscar Levant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 02:28:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by edisonone at 2012-10-23 10:41
Eudaimonia Post time: 2012-10-23 06:10

Craps!

Hitler's ruthless, murderous, and mass extermination processes of the European continent to consolidate power "would have been a way more ligitimate evil  for  the still unnecessary use of the nuke" than it is Japan "which, at the time, was principally no more but a continental-Asian-anomally than it is anything Japan-America direct".

And yes, I'm willing to bet that, "the nuke was just as ready if not as  UN-READY of a weapon system for when Germany surrendered as it was for when it was deployed to wipe Nagsaki and Hiroshima off of the map.

I mean for God sakes, there was a full scale nuke race going on and the Anglos (US and the British world), the German, even Japan was in on it. The nuke was on the threashold of being perfected by all three even as the war was raging. I mean it's just so inconceivable that in within this tiny time frame that the nuke could not have been  ready for Germans but ready for the yella belly Jups and  the Tokyo Roses as the whites had labeled them at the time.

It was said (documented; narrated I think by Dan rathers) that Hitler actually did a mini-detonation of it (Heavy water processing - a German brainchild - the then fuel source for the nuke)  in some off limit little German Island somewhere in the North Sea and this I believe was the reason as to why Europe had to be liberated  from Nazi Germany-- at all cost and Normany ASAP was made an essentiality but, I doubt if they're going come clean with this.  

Therefore, the deemed purpose of this newest of explainatin that it was a kind of "scaring off of a fox by the killing a chicken"logic, or strategy?  It's no more but an attempt at rewrite history for what history really is -- a strategy they probably had taken cue, from the Japanese, for Japan's attempts at rewriting Asian history for what Asian history unforgetably and undeniably really is so Russia as the real target?  Try again, cos China, the other yella ba*sdard is on MacArthur wipping off of the map's list  -- and "NOT"  the USS of R...

Putin's a killer. This was the claim made by Fox News journalist; Bill O'Reilly during his recent interview with Donald Trump. Trump's reply came in the form of a simple question. What, you think our country's so innocent?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 04:07:39 |Display all floors
Japan was kicking America's butt from one end of the globe to the other, just as it did China.  I don't understand why Chinese are defending the Japanese.

Because Japan was kicking our butts so badly, we went to the mat with them.  We determined that it was a matter of life or death, and it was.  If it weren't for the battle of Midway, America would've lost.  

Chinese are TOTALLY familiar with the concept of saving face.  We did it.  Japan beat us, kicked us, and would have annihilated us if it weren't for Midway.  The beat the living crap out of us.

To take Japan would've taken more military lives than we had.  After all, the Japanese were fighting for their GOD, the emperor.  I know that if God showed up in America and insisted no surrender, I would've fought to the death.  Would take a bit of proof that it's God, though.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-24 04:55:44 |Display all floors
TrinityShemale Post time: 2012-10-24 04:07
Japan was kicking America's butt from one end of the globe to the other, just as it did China.  I do ...

Defending the Japanese is the typical crocodile tears. If anything, the atrocities committed by Imperial Japan, and I do make distinctions between 'Imperial' and today's Japan, pretty much warrants the nuclear bombs as cosmic justice.

As for Nazi Germany, and I do make distinctions between 'Nazi' and today's Germany, by the time the nuclear weapons were ready for deployment, Nazi Germany was already in the process of being carved up. The lack of a formal surrender by the Nazi leadership was irrelevant. There was no need to use the nukes on Nazi Germany.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.