Author: jodysong

Ugly American [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-18 17:15:05 |Display all floors

To: hp672001- American guy

Are you talking to me? If you are, I AM NOT AN AMERICAN. You should read my post again (specially the last sentence) and reassess your conclusions. Remember that your product is only as good as your tools.

Please understand that my comments are meant to help you towards the light.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 17:46:15 |Display all floors

No, the 'good' picuture was doctored

Guys:

If you know how phototshop works you'll know that the good picture is doctored.

Got to this website and look more carefully at the arguments and the pictures:

<b>http://www.balloon-juice.com/archives/003880.html</b>

The 'bad' picture is real.

It looks to me that the second photo -- the one that says he saved and rescued -- was derived from the first.

<b>Note that the lower edge has been cropped, compared to the doctored 'good' picture.</b>

Look at the E's and D's in "saved" and "rescued." They don't match the same characters in "sister", "Boudreaux" and Dad."

In the first photo, all the characters are consistent.

It seems likely me that the second is derived from the first.

Go into the website and do a little research. You will find that:

The second picture that says he saved and rescued the dad and the sister -- was derived from the first.

Look at the E's and D's in "saved" and "rescued." They don't match the same characters in "sister", "Boudreaux" and Dad."

In the first photo, all the characters are consistent.

Also the second picture was cropped and the first one was not.

it seems likely me that the second is derived from the first.

Conclusion: The soldier did mock the Iraqi boy.

Use magic tools Report

jodysong has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-19 10:57:52 |Display all floors

Re: seneca--now we know

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

jodysong has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-19 11:23:17 |Display all floors

To: respectable edon 55 - mind altering

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-19 12:29:24 |Display all floors

to wchao

my friend I have to say here that I frequently read and enjoy your comments in this forum. They certainly come from a well informed and intelectual person. But it doesn't match my opinion when you make such affirmation about this post. I mean that I think that it is very difficult to know which is the original picture.

I insist in my point that, having met lost of marines during my stay in African countries, it is highly improbable that such soldier accepted to be "framed" with those words.

In the USA he could face non less than 5 years in a military prison plus the civil actions against him.

But as they say in my "second" homeland, Spain, everything is possible under the sun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-20 00:15:43 |Display all floors

to all those analyzing the technical aspects ...

it's pointless.  once something goes into the digital realm (gets digitized), it can be copied onto the computers of thousands of people with a few clicks of the mouse.  it can be manipulated endlessly and repeatedly.  there could concievably be hundreds or thousands of different versions of this floating around.  comparing the handwriting discussing whether one was cropped or not is really pointless.

the only way we will be able to get some real insight into this is to listen to the marine corps investigation, which was prompted by the council on american-islamic relations.  (by the way, i wonder if there is a comparable muslim group in china that represents the rights of repressed uighurs?)

ts

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-20 01:26:13 |Display all floors

What's all the commotion about?

If it's true, the guy should be punished.  Who can argue with that?  Either way, it would be ridiculous to somehow ascribe this indecency to all Americans.   

Personally, I find it extremely hard to believe that the picture is legitimate.  Sure, we have our share of dolts as does everyone else, but the picture simply isn't consistent with behaviour of Americans I know.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.