Author: jodysong

Ugly American [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-4-16 13:50:29 |Display all floors

Yes I agree, what does **gullible and naive home audience.** mean exactly.

Is that similar to calling me a * Rotten Egg *  or is it a different insult. ?

I read that the translation in ancient American Indian dialects for seneca, is " white man with no honour ".

Is there an expert on Ancient American Indian dialects who can give confirmation of this translation. ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-16 19:52:13 |Display all floors

The fact is..........

...........that the Iraqi boys don't know how to read the sign, no matter what was on it. They were probably given some candy/money and told to hold up the sign together with the "thumbs up sign" which they innocently did. I believe that this soldier meant this photo to be taken as a joke and a souvenier of his stint in Iraq.

If this "joke" is to be taken as a "lesson", then we Chinese should learn from it. I have personally witnessed Chinese people making fools of themselves by trying to emulate the way Americans speak, especially when using their slang words, without even knowing what they were yapping about!!

Use magic tools Report

bchung has been deleted
Post time 2004-4-16 20:25:00 |Display all floors

the fact is anyone with really good photo shop skills

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-17 05:36:06 |Display all floors

To bchung

I also heard that a Chinese running dog named his son " MATA-FA-KAR"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-17 13:58:26 |Display all floors

wchao37:

"Look at the E's and D's in "saved" and "rescued." They don't match the same characters in "sister", "Boudreaux" and Dad.""

The size and spacing of the letters match the rest of the writing.  The D's and E's have awkward slants, but that can be attributed to irregularities on the cardboard's surface.  

It is clear to me the "bad" photo is doctored.  The letters in "killed" and "knocked up" are smaller and spaced closer together than the other letters.  The "good" might be doctored, but the handwriting matches up, with the exception of the slanting.  I don't put much confidence in either photo.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 16:46:27 |Display all floors

To: lttong - mind altering

Conclusion without knowledge or understanding is the internal introspection of one’s own bias resulting in gullibility, which is akin to ignorance.

Gullibility is the product of ignorance and the desire to exercise one’s inner most self- serving negative instincts.

I n short “in the absence of irretefutable truth if you inner core is bad you will find bad, if your inner core is good you will find good”.

Note: Common sense is not so common. Our current educational systems are designed to produce robots that regurgitate information with no ability to synthesize original thought through practical use of their relational database. Today's students are taught only linear thought without exposure to patterns of problem solving which incorporates both the objective and subjective portion to a given solution.

Only through proper education can we expect to approach the truth and not fall prey to the base instintcs of small minds.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-4-18 16:55:47 |Display all floors

Go home

go home American guy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.