Views: 4847|Replies: 3

Wonderful Chongqing [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-11 15:18:18 |Display all floors
Is it just me but do any others feel the same as I do ? I have not long returned from a week staying in Chongqing and visiting nearby WuLong and Beibei . I feel now on reflection  back in the UK exactly, if not stronger, as I felt whilst I was visiting, absolutely thrilled and so impressed with my experiences and stay . I am new to travelling to China as although it has always been my lifetime ambition to explore China, I have only been able recently to follow my dreams. Last year I went to Guiling & Yangshou with their breath-taking scenery but this year I wanted a different experience of life in China within a high profile city. I researched and knew generally what to expect visiting CQ but nothing does your city justice, as I experienced. Not only modern, vibrant, honest & oh so interesting but also rich with traditional values of the Chinese people that I have learned to respect and admire. People I meet of all ages were so friendly, courteous and kind to me as a “Lauwei”. I never once felt unwelcome and no matter where I went I felt relaxed and comfortable. What is also not really understood outside CQ and China and certainly I was not aware and pleasantly surprised to find, is that within a few hours train travel you have WuLong national parks which are unbelievable places to visit but even closer to CQ is Jinyun Mountain national park, again a treasure to find. I was truly so impressed with CQ. Next year I plan to return to China again as yet I have not been to Beijing or Shanghai but your know what, I might postpone and return to CQ for more of what I experienced.
You know I met, ate and had good innocent fun with “ordinary” people on the street in the city and out in the country. There was always natural happiness within them with an obvious pride they have being Chinese and with their country. They also embraced visitors such as myself which is so refreshing and sincere. Congratulations to all authorities in CQ a truly special place to visit and a credit to China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-15 10:35:59 |Display all floors
ah being defferent to you ,i always pay more attention to the delicious food in dirrenent places. ChongQing is the city of good food, you can taste them while enjoying,and feel their sincereity,honesty from their food culture.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-22 15:26:41 |Display all floors
BraveCinderella Post time: 2012-10-15 10:35
ah being defferent to you ,i always pay more attention to the delicious food in dirrenent places. Ch ...

Yes you are right also, the food is very good especially the "street food". Best places are where the locals eat, if the food was bad, they would not go. Food back in UK is very bland now that I have experienced CQ food....hehe

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 22:52:35 |Display all floors
A city with bueaties!
Liu Min is a freelance interpreter and lover of words, who is passionate about life. She is into mov ...

Use magic tools Report

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.