Author: 原野0324

About happiness   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-11-3 11:45:16 |Display all floors
Would Chinese people really say on live TV that they are not happy? how many would open up about depression? So this CCTV show is a farce.
Overall however, I would say most Chinese I meet are 'content' more than truly happy. To me, happiness is a puzzle with many pieces, and Chinese people need less pieces in their puzzle to be content than those in the Anglosaxon world need.
True happiness however, I think most people in the world struggle with this.
The richest Chinese person I have ever met, a 1-1 student who picked my up in their Ferrari, was also depressed and suicidal. Teaching in middle school & high school it feels like many students are pretty depressed, while university students are mostly quite happy. When teaching Business students they are a mixed bag, but I have had, in 8 years, perhaps 10 or12 grown women, and 1 guy, crying about their life in my private class... if only I charged the money for a Psyhologist instead of an English teacher!
Am I happy? 95% of the time but occasionally you sink into a hole and wonder whether this life is really what you want. Luckily for me those moments are rare and I bounce back fast.

"Don't let the bastards grind you down! Don't let them grind you down!"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 16:19:41 |Display all floors
I will be happy unless the food is more safe, environment is more clean and .......

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 19:38:43 |Display all floors
The true happiness is the status of your heart, peace, love..
You know there will never be enough, - if you desire something.
And all material things are not part of you, from your birth to death, you come without them and go with out them..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 21:40:04 |Display all floors
xilaren Post time: 2012-10-10 00:01
curiosity has killed the cat!!!!

maybe with me there woun't be anyone missing?

Sorry austin!
Twentyfive percent out of nothing is still nothing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 21:43:33 |Display all floors
stellarf Post time: 2012-11-7 16:19
I will be happy unless the food is more safe, environment is more clean and .......

???

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-7 21:57:05 |Display all floors
Lots of people know, that they are not happy,
but so many more people don't know, that they are happy!
{:soso_e107:}

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-11-19 14:05:37 |Display all floors
   god is alway fair ,i love my family ,they also love me ,i am happy ,even though i dont know the exact meaning for the difinition of happyness .

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.