Views: 4542|Replies: 15

Obama Won the Debate But Lost the Argument? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-10-4 11:03:41 |Display all floors
Despite his lack of preparation, with possible leakage of his talking points to the other side, that allowed his opponent to choose whatever issue to emphasize or to avoid, leading to Obama losing his way in this complex argumentation, his genuine feelings of anger and self-restraint speaks well for his honesty and character.  You can trust Obama, it came across after all is said and done.  But you like more what Romney said.  So, who will you vote for?  The man you trust more, or the man who said the things you agree wtih more?  This seems to be the post-debate spin.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 12:24:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Eudaimonia at 2012-10-4 14:55

Yeah, i haven't seen it yet, might see it in a few hours.

Whoever wants to see it here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MDeMI-MeS0

I'm not American so i will not vote for anyone. In Greece i always have voted for syriza (radical left party). Anyway, i'd like for the U.S. to have a third party because as the time passes both of the American political parties have been allowed to slowly drift towards the right-wing, the democrats have become center-right wingers and the republicans ultra-right wingers. Also, in the U.S. there's no real democracy, it's more like a two-party oligarchy that largely works for the rich.  So, there's not much of a choice in my opinion, but if i had to choose between the two i'd vote for Obama.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 14:42:01 |Display all floors
Two Chinas

Who won?

Red China or blue China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 15:59:35 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Revolutionar at 2012-10-4 16:00

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 22:19:29 |Display all floors
this some how happens to every country election...
lost in vote...but win the seat....sounds familiar?
盡忠報國

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 23:06:05 |Display all floors
I think Obama lost the debate.  Right from the start he didn't look very confident IMO.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-10-4 23:10:53 |Display all floors
Romney vs Bush.

Romney will make a worse President than Bush.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.