Author: 原野0324

Share your feeling and please give some advice [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-27 17:13:10 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2012-9-27 15:45
I had a part time job at school that lead to a full time career. I recall the first day on the job c ...

You were young enough to start your first job Ratfink. I could imagine a boy little, thin, curious and innocent maybe taking part in a crowd of grown people, brave boy! So finally, you turned your interest into your life-time career. You should be proud of your job Ratfink. It is great.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 17:31:45 |Display all floors
paddyhuang Post time: 2012-9-27 16:49
Take my experience,my feeling of the first job as below trend,confidence --> confuse --> boring...
I ...

I heard many people have the same feeling as you in their first job.

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2012-9-27 18:27:39 |Display all floors
原野0324 Post time: 2012-9-27 17:13
You were young enough to start your first job Ratfink. I could imagine a boy little, thin, curious ...

You hit the nail on the head with the word "innocent". I was that and had no idea how corrupt the industry I was entering could and often would be. 5 short years later I would have completed university and be on the verge of making a decision that would have ramifications and consequences throughout my life both professional and personal.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 21:50:55 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2012-9-27 20:44
When you have to tear yourself from the cocoon that is your home, when you complete your education,  ...

It seems that you know chinese schools very much, so can you please list the difference between the chinese schools and schools in like American or German.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 03:27:18 |Display all floors
原野0324 Post time: 2012-9-27 13:50
It seems that you know chinese schools very much, so can you please list the difference between th ...

Depending on the taste of the hiring manager and the industry, he might want people of different personalities and level of experiences. However it seems to me that making oneself "likeable" generally works.

If a hiring manager doens't like a certain job seeker, then the job seeker has a hard time proving his worthiness (i.e., 7 years experiences in programming, worked with Microsoft/IBM/Google, team lead, some awards or certificates, having shaked hands with Bill Gates in a conference etc.).

If a hiring manager finds a person "likeable", then he probably needs to worry much less about the stuff that he has no experiences about (how could a manager expect a job seeker to be fully familar with the technologies the company is using, otherwise the job seeker wouldn't be interested in that company because he is too qualified). In that case, what a job seeker doesn't know seems to be compensated by the hiring manager's conviction that "he or she is a smart enough person to pick up skills needed quickly in the future". So there're still hope.

Generally speaking, be sweet and be likeable (it costs nothing) in an interview, and be convinced that one's inner qualities show themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 09:47:59 |Display all floors
hughliuie Post time: 2012-9-28 03:27
Depending on the taste of the hiring manager and the industry, he might want people of different p ...

Glad to see your reply, and that is interesting. Your reply really comfort me a lot though I am not the first kind of person who is capable, nor am I the likeable or sweet. Thanks for your "there're still hope" and wish you good luck.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2012-9-28 10:00:32 |Display all floors
原野0324 Post time: 2012-9-27 05:50
It seems that you know chinese schools very much, so can you please list the difference between th ...

You don't need to listen to this internet troll. He hates everything about China.
Besides that, he knows nothing about schools in China or the USA.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.