Author: middleway

Are Chinese Protests Against Japan Pure Racism?   [Copy link] 中文

Glod Medal August's Best Writer 2012

Post time 2012-9-17 09:51:55 |Display all floors
IMHO

protest AGINST COUNTRY is stupid
protest aginst defined actions of another country - it is different, and makes sense

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 12:31:34 |Display all floors
WhiteBear Post time: 2012-9-17 09:51
IMHO

protest AGINST COUNTRY is stupid

The defined actions, of occupying Diaoyu islands and assaulting Chinese fishermen as well as ramming thier boats by the Japanese, were sanctioned by the Japanese government.  That is why the protest was directed against Japan.  But I agree we should separate the actors, like the Japanese soldiers, the Japanese officials, and the Rightwing Japanese activists, from the rest of the Japanese people, on first cut.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 18:05:57 |Display all floors
I'm not a racist in any way, shape or form. I'm just asking the question, why are the Chinese allowed to protest when it involves anger and hatred for another country (whether it is justified anger or not is not the point) and not allowed to protest over very serious human rights issues in their own country? Other countries protest about everything, internally, externally, they protest over wage disputes, they protest over union rights, they protest over bad government decisions, they protest over banks, they protest over bad leaders, bad bosses, bad government members, corruption, repression, abuse, they protest over ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that they feel is unfair and wrong, including if they disagree with the actions of a foreign country.

So why are innocent everyday Chinese people allowed to protest, and ONLY allowed to protest about another country, and to show their anger and rage and fury over another country, and to destroy property of innocent people who have nothing to do with the island issue from another country. What are they showing to the world by displaying their anger and rage and fury?

Can someone please answer this question for me?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 18:18:09 |Display all floors
This post was edited by 29042012 at 2012-9-17 18:19

The "Master of the Flood Gates" ... regulate the flow of the water !
It is indeed very practical that the party is  judge, legislator, head of the army, executor  and  publisher  all in one in China.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 19:38:17 |Display all floors
middleway Post time: 2012-9-17 18:05
I'm not a racist in any way, shape or form. I'm just asking the question, why are the Chinese allowe ...

I answered your question on the first page, did you read it?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 20:38:33 |Display all floors
Yes,government have to think more.we need peace to develop our economy,while what we need urgently is dignity!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-17 20:58:41 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2012-9-17 21:17
middleway Post time: 2012-9-17 18:05
I'm not a racist in any way, shape or form. I'm just asking the question, why are the Chinese allowe ...

The Chniese people have protested about everything, 10,000 protests or more each year, you were just not listening.  The Chinese government is not allowing more protests against Japan.  There are just more protests by the people against Japan.  Like right now, do you know why the Chinese people are protesting?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.