Author: 468259058

Why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor in 1941? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2012-9-19 14:03:48 |Display all floors
joey0625 Post time: 2012-9-18 23:20
Oh, so no. The US, in control of the Philippines, would have strangled Japan's oil supply (as it was ...

I don't think the Japanese wanted to rule the world, all they wanted was to establish a "Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere", to use their own words. Of course the Colonial powers and USA would not stand for that.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-20 13:17:40 |Display all floors
Chechen Post time: 2012-9-19 14:03
I don't think the Japanese wanted to rule the world, all they wanted was to establish a "Greater E ...

Well, I can't give you references to the docs, but apparently control of the entire world was seen as Japan's ultimate destiny.
But practically speaking they were just grabbing for Asia- all of it! And Australia and India too.

Hungry generals are like that. It was every Roman emperor's dream to take India. Impossible of course but Alexander the Great did manage partial success. Ghengis Khan went all the way to Moscow after taking China. Patton demanded he be allowed to take his tank divisions all the way to Moscow. These people are completely out of control.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-20 13:37:56 |Display all floors
warrigal Post time: 2012-9-19 08:11
It is interesting to speculate, politicians are ruthless paranoid scitzoes, what makes me wonder is  ...

Precisely because they are ruthless paranoid schizos.
And they don't give a damn about you, me, their mother, their cohorts, or anything except their own twisted egos.
The main problem in Japan as I see it- right now and getting worse, is the rise of a right wing amid a complacent and apathetic populace. I once took a Japanese college kid to the Atomic Bomb Peace Memorial in Nagasaki. The stupid turd sat on a bench outside whining about the heat and wanting an ice cream. Inside, he barely registered shock or disbelief at the horrifying exhibits. This is the kind of environment that allows dangerous warmongers like the racist Ishihara to rise. Few people in Japan understand what their dogma is truly all about- or care. They are rising simply because no one is opposing them. The common Japanese cannot fathom that there could be a return to war.
I want to see a Japan that bravely faces the ghosts of its cruel, unspeakable past and moves toward reconciliation with its neighbors. But reconciliation has always been made impossible by nationalists who have retained their clout since WWII. It now seems all the more bleak with psychonationalists in government on the rise. All the while, western liberals feel sympathy for 'peaceful' Japan being hated, while western hawks are more than willing to use tensions to forward their interests in the region.
What a mess. Glad I'm not a politician.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-20 14:34:17 |Display all floors
joey0625 Post time: 2012-9-20 13:37
Precisely because they are ruthless paranoid schizos.
And they don't give a damn about you, me, t ...

Life is mostly froth and bubble, but two things stand like stone. Kindness in anothers trouble, and .courage in your own. Annon.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 04:36:21 |Display all floors
Japan just want to show off to U.S. (super power back then), that Japan too can be super power of the east by conquering Asia. They beat Russian in naval warfare and got arrogant.

But too bad, they failed in getting China, where Chiang Kai-Shek doing guerrilla warfare with them and subsequently Mao Zedong gets the killing blow, when U.S. dropped the A-Bomb. (They still think they won the war in China)

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-27 05:10:35 |Display all floors
The US imposed the oil embargo to help China.  Japan had gone mad.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-9-28 18:12:05 |Display all floors
Zionism

The Zionists have been in total control since 1917 and almost in total control since centuries earlier.It was they that funded both sides as they have since Waterloo and even much earlier.Wars are profitable for the banksters,as are depressions.Matthew Perry brought Japan kicking and screaming into the modern world in 1853.Jacob Schiff ensured their navy was capable of defeating the Czar's navy in 1905.WW2 was orchestrated by the Zionists for big profits and for the creation of Israhell.I have documented how the Zionist Focus group headed by Mond and Waley Cohen brought Churchill into power and got the war going.Many people have pointed out that the Bletchley code breakers in England had cracked the Japanese code by 1941 and that everyone knew that the attack was coming.I have even produced a photograph of a Hilo Newspaper that said the Jap attack was expected.
9/11 was an inside job.
No second plane.It was a bomb.Bomb in the other building.
You KNOW without a doubt the videos are fake,right ?!
Planes don't meld into steel and concrete buildings.They crash into them !!!!!!!
It's amazing how the building ate the plane !!!
Imagine those fragile wings cutting slots in massive steel columns !!!!!
How STUPID can they think the people are to believe that crap ??!!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.